Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

My winter team

Sparky

Hey all. Heres a couple pics of my tractors in their winter gear. Left to right we have a C-85 with 50lbs of weight on the rear and a 42" blade that my son uses to plow. Then my 416-H with a 42" blower that I'll be using for the first time this winter. The 416 has 87lbs of weight on the rear rims. Next is a C-105 with a 12hp Kohler Magnum from a 312 doner tractor and a 42" blade and 70lbs of wheel weights. The D-160 is a 1977 with a 56" blade and 50lbs on the rear rims and a 157lb weight hanging off the 3 point hitch.

Mike.........

Snowteam08001.jpg

Snowteam08002.jpg

Snowteam08003.jpg

HorseFixer

That is definatley a team of horses I would like hitched to my sleigh! Especially that big boy on the right! :hide: When ya get into the big stuff ole big willy on the right looks pretty :hide: and can do some damage! :D

jerrell

:hide: Now that is a herd of horses, and that big'in on the right, the D-160 , i have to get me one of those, that's the tractor i want. looks like it will do every thing i want done.. good herd Sparky,

MaineDad

which one will you use the most?

Sparky

which one will you use the most?

Well I've never used the D so it'll get a shot at the first snowfall fer sure, but I'm not so sure it will have the necassary weight and or traction to get the job done. I was surprised at how light the rear end is on it with out any weight. The C-105 is my main snow-clearer and will probably end up with most of the snow removal duty. We dont get as deep a snow as you do up in Maine so the blower will only get used for the deeper stuff or to open up my driveway if it starts to narrow from the snow banks. The C-85 is my 13 year old sons tractor.

So to answer your question...the C-105 will see the most action.

Mike...........

Teddy da Bear

If I had the D with the big blade... I would give the rest a pink slip for the winter.....lol

Horse Fanatic

I bet you can't wait for snow so you can try them all out!

Jim_M

Mike,

I have ags on the back of one of my D's and with no weight it was pretty much worthless on anything but solid ground. I filled each on with 13 gallons of 50/50 water and antifreeze. Each one weighs about 120 pounds now, and it made all of the difference in the world. I just broke the bead on one side, pulled the tire away from the rim about 1/2" and poured it in until it wouldn't hold any more.

I went to the local auto repair place and they gave me all of the used anti freeze I wanted for free.

Jim