AlwaysLookin80

1960 suburban 400

DennisThornton

I see some cute kids with excellent tastes of ride but I also saw some other tractors without red paint so I assume they have also been exposed to other brands.  There are, even in our midst, those who lust after other breeds.  I think I saw some vintage ACs and some bigger JDs, some of which I too find interesting!

I sell quite a few Toyotomi and Rinnai heaters but have access to and am planning on expanding with the Napoleon line and I thought I recognized that one.  At least it caught my eye.  Great looking stove and I was going to look it up come Monday.

953 nut
:)         Glad to see you are bringing the kids up with an appreciation for quality, they need to see other brands so they can appreciate the quality built into :wh:.
  • Like 2

AlwaysLookin80

I love wheel horses, that's my favorite little tractor. I do like to have a slight variety. I have 8 wheel horses, a A/C b-12, and a 1967 John Deere 110 round fender. I would like to get a cub cadet original and that would be it for other brands. As for the stove it's a great brand. We plan on staying here so I invested in a good one. First one ive ever purchased. 

AlwaysLookin80

Another picture. Little clearer than the others 

image.jpeg

• Like 8

AlwaysLookin80

image.jpeg

• Like 6

AMC RULES
Take a wire wheel to that plate...
followed with some Mothers mag&aluminum polish...thing will look brand new.
  • Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

Will do

Racinbob

That's one of the nicer originals I've seen. I wouldn't get too aggressive with it. The Mothers can do miracles. My plate was too pitted and all the lettering was gone. I had to flip it and use one of Terrys decals. I also had to make new levers and get a pair of knobs from Glen. I'm tickled with it but if mine would have been like your I definitely would have saved it.:)

• Like 2

AlwaysLookin80

I'm going to try the mothers first for sure. 

Brian01

Good. Luck and pleeeaaassee be careful with it...I agree with Rancinbob, it is in very good shape.

AlwaysLookin80

Yeah that's why I just steel wool scrubbed it and put it on. I figured it was fine the way it was. 

Brian01

If you wunna leave the patina, yes I'd leave it alone...

Endless possabilities though really...could have it chrome dipped, nikle plated, paint it black, etc etc.

Personally, I'd leave it be, maybe rub it down with oil every once in a while so it doesnt rust or corrode.

Racinbob

Because mine was shot and the serial # gone Terry put 'Suburban 400' where the serial # went. I like it.

Controls Complete.JPG

I would be inclined to leave JS's as is or maybe a little polishing. That's a nice original. If you did want the new look with the decal I'd cut a plate to size and just save the original.:)

• Like 3

AlwaysLookin80

I'll polish it this weekend, but my serial number is nice and readable and I like the patina. The guy I bought it from told me it was the nicest one he had ever had, and it was pretty much the reason why I payed 50.00 more than I wanted for the tractor. 

• Like 2

WHX??

I really wish you would quit posting that photo Bob....males me really want to do mine like that:lol:

• Like 3

Racinbob

Sorry Jim. I promise to stop........until the next member may be interested :P. I'm sure you know that Terry sells decals anytime you may want one :D.

• Like 1

WHX??

Bur my mother told me I have to keep it original! !!! :no::angry-steamingears:

• Like 1

Racinbob

Well then, that settles it. You ain't getting the decal. Moms rule, period. My Mom is with the other angels now but she still rules my life. I like it that way. :)

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Ya know Jim, you could use it for a cutting board for cheese and sausage...put the decal on the back...buy a Navy guy a drink and invite Bob.:handgestures-thumbupright:  Does not get any better then that...I'll bring the wine.  :)

• Like 2

WHX??

That settles it then ... next year at the big show be ready for cheese & sauage ...will buy a drink for an old squid anytime!!:lol:

Sorry JA...didn't mean to steal your thread :hide:

Edited by WHX6
add
  • Like 3

Cole J.

I hope my paint job comes out half as good as yours 

AlwaysLookin80
On November 18, 2015 at 7:55:37 AM, WHX6 said:

That settles it then ... next year at the big show be ready for cheese & sauage ...will buy a drink for an old squid anytime!!

Sorry JA...didn't mean to steal your thread

Lol

AlwaysLookin80
2 hours ago, Cole J. said:

I hope my paint job comes out half as good as yours 

Just make sure you prep the parts right and you'll be fine. Mines not perfect 

believe me. It's my first resto so I learned a lot. 

• Like 1

Cole J.

It is my first as well so I know I will learn a lot.

• Like 1

Brian01

Trial and Error....if at first you don't succeed, buy another Wheel Horse ;)

But no seriously, take the seat on my RJ for instance, I have sanded and repainted it, several times this week, trying to get it just right.