Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

Raising the fenders?

jerrell

:hide: Has any one ever tried to raise the fenders to make room for bigger rear tires? I was fortunate enough to buy 4 band new agri tires ,25X10X12, for $100.00 . I am mounting them on the GT-18-LP and in need some space for the tires. In another post one person mentioned placing some washers under the seat pan, but don't know if that is enough space. i may have to re-configure the fender portion and flare it up a bit. I hate to do this because i just restored the seat pan and it looks great.

Has any one ever run into this problem,?

baerpath

When we put the 26 12 12's on the pullers we raise them 1.5 to 2 inches

Because of the gas tank I would suggest putting a wood riser on top of the H frame and bolt down threw it So you just raise to fender pan.

We normally cut the H and raise it by welding a spacer in. But we relocate the fuel tank also

Duane

nwpahorseman

i just put 20x10x8 ags on my lawn ranger and i put 4 , 3/4 inch nuts from tsc under the fender pan. gave it a good 1/2 inch clearence :hide:

Sparky

I raised the fender on one of my C series with the under fender fuel tank and it made the fuel cap hard to remove being as it was recessed.

Mike...........

Sparky

Maybe my last post doesnt apply to you since your useng LP to power the tractor.

Mike......

kpinnc

If you placed the spacer UNDER the tank support, between the tranny and support, your tank would have been lifted as well.

The only thing affected that way is the gear oil level dipstick.

Kevin

Curmudgeon

I've done it a couple of times, but never had to contend with the gas tank under the seat, they were always under the hood.

For a large space, I've fabricated a C-channel with 2 angle irons. With standard channel, the sides are too narrow for the bolts.

On Tall Girl, I think I just used a flat bar and welded short angle iron tabs on for the front, with simple flat plates (1/8") bolted to the standard holes in back extending up to the standard pivot holes in the fender pan. Yup, a slight "flex" (the thickness of the plate) was required to attach to the pivot, but in use, no one ever knew.

Butch

I've fabricated a C-channel with 2 angle irons. With standard channel, the sides are too narrow for the bolts.

I just used a flat bar and welded short angle iron tabs on for the front, with simple flat plates (1/8") bolted to the standard holes in back extending up to the standard pivot holes in the fender pan. Yup, a slight "flex" (the thickness of the plate) was required to attach to the pivot, but in use, no one ever knew.

God I love this kinda talk. :hide:

Sparky

If you placed the spacer UNDER the tank support, between the tranny and support, your tank would have been lifted as well.

The only thing affected that way is the gear oil level dipstick.

Kevin

Man, why didnt I think of that :hide: ?? Makes perfect sence.

Mike.........

Curmudgeon

It's always the simple things that get cha, huh Mike?

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

Kelly

Don't forget the foot rest will now be hitting the tires :hide: I bought a junker C-121 that the PO was going to make a puller out of and it had 26x12x12's on it he raised the fenders with a pile of washers, and I mean a pile, then the footrest he bent the edge that faces the tires he bent it outward to clear the tires :D and it just cleared, so don't forget the footrest :hide:

HorseFixer

Can't do it much on a round hood cause the seat pan scrubs the fenders. :hide: I have a couple I need to loer a bit! :D

kpinnc

Can't do it much on a round hood cause the seat pan scrubs the fenders. whtractor/dunno.gif I have a couple I need to loer a bit!

Yeah, me too.

Though I think in my case, a stronger spring AND smaller portions would help.... :hide:

Kevin

jerrell

:hide: Thanks guys, the tires are the skinny tires, not the wide mudders, thats why i am putting duals on it, just got the engine wired , they sent the engine and the wireing seperate , i couldn't read the diagram, looked like a can of worms, took it to the Honda shop and had them wire it up , so i should be good to go next week. I got to get it done because i have 3 other rebuild projects to get done before real bad weather hits.