DougC

How To Break The News

WHX??

We put a deposit on my first tattoo the other day when she was having one finished up, and in front of the whole group of guys in there she says "now that means no more tractors for a while"  I wish I would have known tractors were an option!  But it's a family crest in my late Grandparent's name so it means a lot too.

2nd tattoo should be a :wh:...what the heck get her one too.....

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Now ive really done it.................. Found out I can buy a brand new snow cab from original cab company for classic toro 300,400 and 500 series for $883 plus $35 UPS shipping. I have to call a phone # to buy........ Got to sleep on this deal................... It looks just like the originals even the hard top white roof...
I aint tellin the wife about it before I buy it, THATS for sure..................:lol:

Man thats alot of $ for a soft sided cab............ But it would fit because.........its made for it..........:greetings-clappingyellow:      Showed a picture of it on a 520H.:D

From the company? Or someone just has a new one?

JC 1965

The Squaw here supports every hobby that I've ever had.She NEVER questions any of my purchases.Without a doubt,she's the best woman that I've ever had in my life.

Wow  !!  that's great, does she have a sister ?    :eusa-think:     Oh, never mind I just remembered I'm married.      :hide:

• Like 2

DennisThornton

The Squaw here supports every hobby that I've ever had.She NEVER questions any of my purchases.Without a doubt,she's the best woman that I've ever had in my life.

Wow  !!  that's great, does she have a sister ?         Oh, never mind I just remembered I'm married.      

I'd be interested as well!

• Like 2

DougC

Now ive really done it.................. Found out I can buy a brand new snow cab from original cab company for classic toro 300,400 and 500 series for $883 plus $35 UPS shipping. I have to call a phone # to buy........ Got to sleep on this deal................... It looks just like the originals even the hard top white roof...
I aint tellin the wife about it before I buy it, THATS for sure..................:lol:

Man thats alot of $ for a soft sided cab............ But it would fit because.........its made for it..........:greetings-clappingyellow:      Showed a picture of it on a 520H.:D

Last night i typed original cab company and it came up in the search results. Clicked on Toro and it showed the cab mounted on a 520H. If I remember right they cost $883 plus $35 shipping to my zip.I about fell off my chair. I thought they were discontinued and the only option was to buy used.

• Like 1

DougC

DougC  Buy her a snow shovel and then ask if she wants you to take that tractor back!

Funny you should mention that...... I was ill part of last winter and couldnt do much of anything outside in the cold. She was already the proud owner of 2 snow shovels, I cant remember the brand names but 1 is metal and the other is plastic. It would take her all morning to shovel off the cement pad in front of her dog grooming bussiness 10 minutes at a time, then in the house for a warm up break. She would say I need to learn how to use the tractor.....:lol:

Thats a story in its self I will tell later. The day I tried to teach my wife to run the 520H;)

DougC
How 'bout getting your Mrs her own 

tractor?   :hilarious:
I gotta say...I've brought home quite a few of 'em that way. 

Her own tractor you say??????????????

Let me tell you about the time I tried to teach my wife to drive the 520H.  Ok I said its an automatic trans. no clutch. GOOD she said .It was a warm spring afternoon in central Iowa. We live in the country on 20 acres 2 miles from town. She climbed on and I gave the instruction on how to operate. Starts just like my truck she said with a big smile! Now move the throttle lever till the tach shows about 2000 rpm.  Now move the motion lever ahead slow and you will start moving. The tractor jumped ahead and sped away... By now she was screaming DOUG, DOUG and franticly turning the steering wheel . Push the brake pedel or move the lever to stop I yelled....................She shoved down on that brake pedel so hard It almost threw her off the tractor. I HATE THIS THING she screamed as she walked back toward the house............ Yeah maybe I should get her one..... Then I could be single again.......:banana-dance:

• Like 5

Forest Road

You've been married for 41 years and still haven't figured it out? I'm thinking ya probably won't.

Buy her some flowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:scratchead:       :confusion-shrug: 
My Mrs Rules took to the 520, no problems...
no lie...drives her :wh: tractors...better than she drives her car
.     :hide:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3

953 nut

no lie...drives her  tractors...better than she drives her car

I had my wife drive once; we were filling a low spot near the creek, I would fill the dump cart using the front end loader and she would drive over and back the cart up to the spot, dump it and come back for another. About the third load she forgot to come out of reverse and ended up in the creek; hasn't offered to drive one since.

• Like 2

857 horse

I have a wife,,,,,and a large shed.....what fits in it,,,,is mine.....i did expand the shed once,,,That is my limit...Being 60.....5 is enough....and of coruse,,,all the things WE NEED ,,,,blades,,hub caps,,,snow blowers.....   You get the idea !!!!!!!   happy Horsin Boys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

SylvanLakeWH

:scratchead:       :confusion-shrug: 
no lie...drives her  tractors...better than she drives her car
.     :hide:

Brave, brave man...

• Like 2

Pullstart

My wife drove the 502 right when I got it going, we were pulling something up the loose gravel drive.  When I jumped on the hitch for some traction the front end came up a little.  Like 2 feet is all.  She's been on it a few times since I loaded all 4 tires and added the front hanging weight, but it always feels like the front end is light to her.  Weird!  But you should see that woman drive a race car or one of my plow trucks!

Edited by pullstart
  • Like 1

oliver2-44

I only have 3 WH's.(so far)  My wife has always been very supportive of my hobbies (Of course I've completed significant remodel projects on several houses over the years so I do try and earn my share of brownie points)
But i'm not sure if she's really caught on to this "tractor thing" yet.

This topic has to be in the running for the most "confessions" in a 2 day period..........is there a Catholic priest on here!
  • Like 2

Brian01

I "had" 2 wh's, a 68 electro 12 and a raider 10, restored the electro, sold them both and then bought the RJ58. The better half does even really like horses, but "told" me the RJ ISNT going anywhere!

IMG_20151021_131140254.jpg

• Like 2

tractorhogg

The secret to a good marriage is to take your wife to Hawaii on your first anniversary......Then you can bring her back on your tenth anniversary.

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:      :text-goodpost:  :ROTF:

Mrs, K has been nagging me for    30 years to take her to the Island.    Maybe I'll try this.      :hide:
                The last time I offered to take her to an island and suggested TMI (three mile island), She threatened to send my on a trip.    :auto-ambulance:                                            

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

I aint tellin the wife about it before I buy it, THATS for sure..................

Man thats alot of $ for a soft sided cab............ But it would fit because.........its made for it..........      Showed a picture of it on a 520H.

Last night i typed original cab company and it came up in the search results. Clicked on Toro and it showed the cab mounted on a 520H. If I remember right they cost $883 plus $35 shipping to my zip.I about fell off my chair. I thought they were discontinued and the only option was to buy used.

Screen_Shot_2015-11-01_at_9.40.13_PM.thu

Well, that looks rather dainty.....   :) 

WHX??

Havin a bad day at work so brought this out again for a pick me up laugh...it worked :)

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 8:41 PM, WNYPCRepair said:

Well, that looks rather dainty.....   :) 

Don't laugh I think Ed has a homemade one sewn by his wife ... with those cute little hangin ball fringy thingys along the edge... :ychain::laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
4 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Havin a bad day at work so brought this out again for a pick me up laugh...it worked :)

Don't laugh I think Ed has a homemade one sewn by his wife ... with those cute little hangin ball fringy thingys along the edge... :ychain::laughing-rolling:

Glad you resurrected this old thread...gave me several good laughs. My wife didn't understand why I was so excited the day I brought my 1277 home, she definitely wasn't impressed at all when the 701 showed up three weeks later, but when I found her Commando V8 on the classifieds here then she finally saw the light...that night when we got home and I got her tractor running I thought she was never gonna come in the house lol. Problem is now she wants me to find her another one 

• Like 2

JAinVA

I hate to admit it but my excuses that my limits and other constraints are because of the missus are pure fiction.She is someone who definitely has an opinion about what I buy or do but supports my decisions.You guys have seen that she will lend me her truck to drag home another dead WH and even help me retrieve it and unload it.The one thing I can not get her to do is drive one.She tells me that if she needs to she can and will.I believe her and am thankful that she never gives me any crap about my hobbies.We even have an agreement about the number that constitutes a collection or a selection.To her nine is a collection and less than that is a selection.I am a lucky guy and I know it.JAinVA

Edited by JAinVA
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell
5 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Now Jim, you been yankin my chain pretty often lately.

Anyway, Mrs K refused to sew on the little pink fuzzy balls like I asked.IMG_5963.JPG

• Like 5

WHX??

Ok...sorry Ed..yes you are right...I will go yank the Dino's chain for awhile.....is that SMV on the back for the tractor or operator?:unsure::huh::rolleyes:

ohiofarmer

Rental properties

With garages.................

Razkid

One of my favorite pastimes is to go to the junkyard and wander around looking for goodies that I may or not need at the time. I tell my wife that I'm going shopping and she knows exactly where I'm going to. One day I hitched up the car trailer and told her I was going shopping. I came home with another Mustang. She comes out of the house and said "I thought you were going shopping for parts?" to which I replied "I did but they came already assembled." She shook her head and walked back into the house! I too am a lucky man and she doesn't even have a spot in the garage for her car. If it snows, I do brush her car off for her before I go to work!

• Like 4