CRCermak

Rear tires hitting gas tank frame

CRCermak

I mounted my new rear 23 x 10.5 x 12 Carlisle Tru Power tires to my SK 486.  The tires are too close to the gas tank frame and I had to move out the wheel / hub past the axle a bit not being flush.  Is this ok ?  Or is there a different hub I can buy that allows tire to have more clearance between the gas tank. ?

squonk

Ford  wheel spacer. found at most Auto part stores. I recommend using longer 7/16" fine bolts and 7/16" car lug nuts to hold them on though.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Ideally find hub centric wheel spacers. The hub centric spacer has a ridge that matches the wheel's hub hole taking some of the load off the bolts and bolt holes of the wheel.

• Like 2

CRCermak

Thanks for the help on suggestions.   On the "Hub centric wheel spacers" what thickness ?  1 inch. ?  What place is best to get these. ?   

shallowwatersailor

One inch might be enough. It depends on how much room you need. How much did you have to move the hub?  Allow enough room for chains but don't go wider than necessary.

They can be found online or the popular auction site.

CRCermak

Thanks.  Seems like the 1 inch should work as right now I have the hub out past axle a bit around a little under 1/4 inch so tire does not hit gas tank frame.  Tire is still close to frame. About 1/4 inch clearance.  

857 horse

i went to e-bay and bought mustang wheel spacers....i got 1 1/2 inch,,,,,,,,,,,,my chains were hitting my plow frame.....
but like Squonk was saying,,,,,change from W/H LUG NUTS TO AUTOMOTIVE 7/16X20,,,,,FULLY THREADED STUDS,,,and wheel nuts...i think 2 inch ???  ish.....
i will hafftah check.....some water dripped out of the spunge in my head....  i hate that..

857 horse

i went to e-bay and bought mustang wheel spacers....i got 1 1/2 inch,,,,,,,,,,,,my chains were hitting my plow frame.....
but like Squonk was saying,,,,,change from W/H LUG NUTS TO AUTOMOTIVE 7/16X20,,,,,FULLY THREADED STUDS,,,and wheel nuts...i think 2 inch ???  ish.....
i will hafftah check.....some water dripped out of the spunge in my head....  i hate that..