Tuneup

It is Alive!

Tuneup

Bud's stack may arrive just in time! This 35 year old muffler is  is loud.

My 1980 C-125 which was given to me by an ol' (91) Alabama boy down the road - you know FREE means it's a money pit and the wife is already starting to cringe...is in mower trim.

After rear tubes, battery, trans HiLo and gasket, coil, tank cleaning, fuel pump and carb R&R, clutch and brake adjust, wiring patches and ammeter bypass, 42" rear discharge deck pulleys (rusted through) and belt replacement and PTO belt, the mower lives! I can do more than just wheelie around the yard! The blades are worn as heck but sharpened. I just wanted to get her functional before I strip her down for refinishing and a real going-through.

Atlanta has been soggy for almost 2 weeks so awaiting sun for the first mow of dry grass. Love the hum of a big deck.

Now, 4 tires and none are a match. eBay fender pan on its way. Seat crumbling. She's a high dollar keeper. Got about $350 into to her at this point and 4 tires and a front wheel will add plenty more to that...

The boy's got an older model he uses to cultivate his garden - has a Briggs re-power and electronic ignition. C-120? Maybe next year.

Thanks to this list for the beautiful NOS parts and trans advice. Could not have tackled it without y'all!

Marc
Douglasville GA

• Like 4

AMC RULES
:angry-nono:   Drop in the bucket compared to a box store new piece of crap.               :eusa-clap:
Wise investment you made keeping a proven :wh: performer alive to work another decade or two.
  • Like 5

Tuneup

That's what I keep telling her. If it was a little convertible, she'd think differently.

• Like 3

AMC RULES
So, drop the top...    :auto-driving:
then, take that little filly for a ride. 
  • Like 4

RedRanger
So, drop the top...    :auto-driving:
then, take that little filly for a ride. 

Which filly are we talking about here????  :blink:

Wheel Horse or wife?

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 1

AMC RULES
:angry-nono:   LOL...you decide.   :lol:  

Bert

Nice work, If you need tires and rims I have plenty to choose from for a grand total of $0.00
all have good tread and not really any weather cracks to speak of :)
Clean a rim or add a tube and good to go.
NC meet n greet coming up soon so I could bring a bunch if you can make it?

Edited by Bert
  • Like 5

Tuneup

Howdy Bert!
I'm sure I'll be taking you up on that, thanks! I'll look for the October information.

• Like 3

Tuneup

Update - Deck adjusted, Bud's stack arrived and it mounted - sweetness and pure redneck - correct for Georgia. Al those heat stressed wires! Simple crimper and some 14 ga wire in several fun colors (I'm not a purist so may make it 'perfect' sometime later - proper connectors and all. Seat interlock was intermittent until sprayed with electronic cleaner. Even found that the bad ammeter was just corroded so that's going, too. Seat pan arrived Friday from a 500 series and that plastic mess is in the trash. Runs and mows like mad! I even like the bit of smoke the engine gives off the stack with hard throttle. Reminds me of my cousins' Allis back in old NJ.

Good times. Now that I know she works, I can take the winter and break her down for stripping and paint. Enjoying this immensely.

• Like 4

Wheel-N-It
I like how you described the updates in your last posting. In my Redneck mind I can see your C-125 rolling coal out of that new stack exhaust !
  • Like 1

AMC RULES
:eusa-clap:  Sounds like some great :wh: work is going on down there in Georgia...           :wwp:
so, you gotta know...at some point, were going to need picts to follow along with the progress you've made so far. 
  • Like 1

Tuneup

It's almost appropriate that the K need rings. Throttle-up gives a nice purplish hue out the stack. Pics? - still looks like the devil but I have the Georgia winter to bring her back to new. Straightening that hood will be a chore. Stay tuned y'all.

• Like 4

AMC RULES
Yeah, I hear ya...      :greetings-clapyellow:
but, we like seeing 'em a little crusty around the edges too. 
  • Like 1

Bert
Yeah, I hear ya...      :greetings-clapyellow:
but, we like seeing 'em a little crusty around the edges too. 

:text-goodpost::text-yeahthat:
  • Like 1