Sign in to follow this  
rustyoldjunk

few 1054 questions

rustyoldjunk

i just done some trading with a fellow vintage garden tractor nut.i traded a massey ferguson 14 hydra-speed for a 1257 mostly complete WH and a 1054.the 1054 is complete best i can tell but has sat outside for many years from the looks or it.i cant find the vin tag,where should it be located? i want to download and print the manuals for it if i can find them.does anyone have a grill or headlight bezels they would be willing to part with reasonably? oh,it also has a light on the back at the bottom of the toolbox,just a bulb like the front uses in a small square mount,is this original?

Docwheelhorse

HI--yes the single bulb on the back was original, if you have the lens and the light works its a nice little find.

Tony

linen beige

This model had no VIN tag per se. They used a serial number that was printed at the top of the shift pattern decal, affixed to the dash tower.

By headlight bezels do you mean the whole light bucket/socket/lense combination, or just the lenses? Originals can be hard to find, especially the lenses. But I believe that Glen Pettit (glenjeri) has some for sale now or very soon.

The manuals are available from Toro for $2.

If the tailight is round, mounted in a square braket on the left rear of the tractor, it is original. If you are missing the lense, I think Glen may be able to help you out. He also has the knobs for the throttle and choke if you need them.

Grills are also hard to find. A lot of owners replaced their bent/broke/rusted/busted ones with pieces of metal lathe or rat wire.

Toss up some pics if you can. We wanna see!