Mattrix37495

12 Automatic transmission issue

Mattrix37495

I finished getting my recently purchased 12 Auto running and while running around the yard I noticed an issue with the trans.

When moving at a set speed if I go down a little hill it speeds up but when returning to flat ground or a slight hill it hesitates, then lurches back to the set speed. Almost like the transmission had to "catch up". It also tends to creep when sitting on a grade and can be pushed while in N or off (I didn't push it much, but the guy I got it off of did, and didnt know about the tow valve.

My question: Is something in the pump/motor messed up? Or is this normal and I'm overthinking it?

P.S. I changed the fluid and filter with no change. It has plenty of pulling power too. 

Ed Kennell

It's a common trait with the autos.   I wouldn't worry too much about it if it is operating OK otherwise.

BTW,  :WRS:

Mattrix37495

It's a common trait with the autos.   I wouldn't worry too much about it if it is operating OK otherwise.

BTW,  :WRS:

Thanks for the welcome.

This is my first Wheel Horse and I picked it over an Allis-Chalmers B112 because of the WH's reputation for quality (and half the price wasn't bad either). 

It seems to operate just fine other that that little quirk. Playing in the driveway I accidentally popped the front wheels off the ground by accelerating too quickly, so I wouldn't think the hydro is weak.

KC9KAS
:WRS:

Most of my automatics do the same thing and I just live with it!