muz123

Was looking on craigslist and found this..

muz123

Theres a 512-D in CT!!! Are one of you guys gonna go pick it up? hope its not gone. It was probably imported here. But here is the link.
Craigslist link deleted

Sparky

To view this Craigslist ad go to the Hartford Ct section and enter Wheel Horse 512D.
Sorry Muz.... posting of Craigslist links is not allowed.
Mike.........

• Like 1

muz123

Its fine. Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

squonk

Sparky with the "Quick Hook"! Should have been a big league manager!:lol:

• Like 3

chris11

He was a cop at the big show

• Like 1

JackC

512D? Most be a 500 series retrofitted with a 12hp diesel.  If any one here buys it we need lots of pics.  Maybe a member owns it? It should have great fuel economy compared to our thirsty ONANs.  No nasty carburetor cleaning to deal with.  I do love the sound of my ONANs so the fuel consumption is not an issue.  I have more than I need so it will not wind up in my barn.

• Like 1

Bow_Extreme

I dont think Wheel Horse made a 512D.  I believe this is a homemade project is it not?  Maybe I am wrong..lol  I've just never seen one and havent spent enough time looking.

Edited by Bow_Extreme

Sparky

The 512D was a European model only. Its basically a 300 series and not a 500 series (from what I have heard), 8 speed 4 pinion tranny with 1" axles and a 12hp Diesel engine.
Mike........

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

They were actually made by Wheel Horse, but they were only sold in Europe. They use a subaru/robin engine that was not sold here. I figured there had to be a few in the states but ill bet its less then 50 (maybe much less!).

• Like 1

Bow_Extreme

I want but not in the cards at the moment.

SALTYWRIGHT

THAT IS NOT ONE OF MINE. I BUILT A 417-8 DIESEL AND A 1054 DIESEL. THIS ONE IS A 300 MODEL WITH A 12 H/P DIESEL MADE OVERSEAS.
   RUSS

seve

Sent a message to owner but no response yet. I think I'm about 10 miles away but until \ unless he answers might as well be 1000 miles 

• Like 1

Sparky

Sent a message to owner but no response yet. I think I'm about 10 miles away but until \ unless he answers might as well be 1000 miles 

Good luck! Would love to see a member here end up with it (and share pics!)
Frankly I cant believe that Stevebo, KenB or Fireman haven't scooped it up yet....
Mike........

• Like 1

fireman

Won't be me Mike! My days of running and grabbing up tractors is over. I do know we have a new guy in North Central CT that is building quite the collection in a rather short period of time. Maybe he will scoop it up.

stevebo

Frankly I cant believe that Stevebo, KenB or Fireman haven't scooped it up yet....
Mike........

I am currently in a "non buying" mode (except for the 522xi/loader). 

Won't be me Mike! My days of running and grabbing up tractors is over. I do know we have a new guy in North Central CT that is building quite the collection in a rather short period of time. Maybe he will scoop it up.

I call BS on you Jeff........

• Like 3

fireman

Mike........

I don't think so! I'm at 4! I'm not the one with entire herd of horses with their own stable to live in:ychain:

• Like 1

stevebo

Stop looking on CL in Northern NJ then:rolleyes:

• Like 2

truckin88

It is tempting, but my days of going over 45 minutes away (unless I can work it in with my work location and stop by after the work day is done) are pretty much over. No time. Before fatherhood 3 hours no problem, but I wouldn't trade fatherhood for anything. BTW Steve where are pics of the get together, again sorry I missed it!

Edited by truckin88

Bliksem
The 512D was a European model only.

512D was also sold officially in Australia through Toro in 1990

• Like 1

Ken B

Mike........

X2 on that one... Lots of talk!

Mike........

I call B

X2... Lots of talk... I have slowed down quite a bit these days as well but if the right tractor and deal come along and I can beat you to it I'm all in...

• Like 2

muz123

Hope you get it! good luck.

Sparky

The Craigslist ad has been deleted......so who owns it now :unsure: ???

Mike.......

• Like 1

AMC RULES
How 'bout this "rare :wh: "...   :eusa-think:
B-145 Elec-Trak...current(pun)north jersey C/L ad?
image 1
  • Like 3

seve

Oh well. . . . . . I never got a response to my email and the seller didn't list a phone number.  Hope someone here got it,

wh500special

Wow, wish I had seen that.  I would have bought it from 800 miles away.  PayPal is a wonderful thing.  

The 512 was, as stated, a European market tractor with the little 8.5 hp Robin diesel.  But, a few stragglers are still here in the US.  Maybe some of you recall the one with the sweepster broom in Minneapolis a few years ago.  There was another in southwest michigan on antiquetractors.com maybe 15 years ago.   Certainly hens teeth though.  

Probably were runaways from the factory rather than sold models.

Like everything else wh did, there isn't a lot differentiating the 512 from a regular 400 series aside from the engine.  Those little robin diesels are great engines, but evidently in the wh application the starter motor had a tendency to break off completely requiring a special bracket to be added to beef it up.  

I hope someone here here got it and posts pictures.  If they want to sell or trade, be sure to message me.  Seriously.  

You CT guys have an amazing amount of weird wh stuff out there.  I'd imagine CT was covered by WH's biggest distributors (Brawly) and they moved a lot of stuff and apparently paid their invoices quickly, so got preferred treatment.  

Great find!  I need to start checking back in here everyday again...

steve

• Like 2