HorseFixer

Down Sized The Stable

AMC RULES
What...wait...        :confusion-questionmarks:
no picts of the Senior here? 
  • Like 2

fireman

I'm with you Duke. I already had my intervention. I'm down to just 4 from ? (theres been over 60 in the last 10 years). I also just gave away all my extra parts at Steve's meet & greet last weekend. It got to the point where I couldn't even move around the work shop or garage anymore. The most I ever had at one time was like 15 and it was ridiculous!
I would never have left any sitting outside either so something had to give. I do however regret selling some of the ones that I did as they were some of the best original examples I had ever saw besides NOS but like you said, "Some times a guy has to do, what he has to do"! 

• Like 5

squonk

And it's amazing how much room you have after you do it. But then you start filling it up again! :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

Coadster32

I understand this story for certain. I'm down to three and looking to go to two. (Can't see me going below that though). Other interests.

• Like 1

doc724

What impresses me is how CLEAN that garage is!  I have seen some pretty clean and organized ones, but nothing that compares to this.

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Nice Herd and nice Stable!!

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

And it's amazing how much room you have after you do it. But then you start filling it up again! :)

Yep. I made room and promptly bought another. LOL

• Like 2

SPINJIM

I didn't know that horse could TALK, but every time I get rid of one, another one calls my name.   I'm up to 13, and also can't move around my shop without tripping.

Have to get rid of the '63 Lawn Ranger because I have two of them.   Besides, 13 is unlucky.

I have a fishing boat that I never got out this year, because the Horses kept me too busy.   Tough decisions: fishing or tractors.  

Jim

• Like 1

HorseFixer

What impresses me is how CLEAN that garage is!  I have seen some pretty clean and organized ones, but nothing that compares to this.

Doc,

Well that's not my garage if you look at the last picture you will see a doorway to the right just before the lit up WH Sign. Through that doorway is my shop. The stable is an Add on to the shop. My shop is 24 X 20 and the garage is 24 X 30 And the stable is 25 X 12 Totaling 1500 sq ft. Yep I wished my shop looked that clean too. 
:D

IMG_20140327_114934_724.jpg

• Like 4

953 nut

What is the Life Preserver Ring for, do you have a flooding problem?   :ROTF:

You don't have a thing to apologize for, with all of that fine equipment you need even more space.  :thumbs:

• Like 1

doc724

Your shop may not be all that clean but there is an impressive array of equipment there!

HorseFixer

Your shop may not be all that clean but there is an impressive array of equipment there!

Thanks Doc! I was in business for myself for 10 years as an HVAC Contractor before working for my local County. Many of those tools were in my HVAC shop. :handgestures-thumbupright:

What is the Life Preserver Ring for, do you have a flooding problem?   :ROTF:

You don't have a thing to apologize for, with all of that fine equipment you need even more space.  :thumbs:

Funny you should ask that question Rich. :)  I just retired from Berrien County this last Dec after 25 years of service, I worked at the Jail / Sherriff's dept. as Maintenance Supervisor for 23 of those years. 3 Years ago I was transferred to another building (Court House) in my home town 30 miles away from the Jail. Our County has two court houses. Anyways That was cool cause I didn't have to drive 60 miles round trip each day. The bad part is the building they transferred me to didn't have Jack Chit for tools and equipment. They asked me to design and fabricate 8 Life Ring holders because people were jumping off the Pier in Saint Joseph and were drowning. :blink:  Soooo Ole Duke took on the challenge if they paid for all materials and my usage of my equipment. Anyway I worked out of my home for two weeks completing that Job. As you can tell by the Videos I will show, everyone got the credit for it except the guy who did it. :eusa-think:  But that's the way GOVERMENT is a bunch of thankless BA$tards! Here are some pics of the Jig and life rings I built and Video's. These were made out of 1/2 Steel Okay call me Okey Overkill!  :ychain:  Oh by the way, I did make myself a Nice welding Table out of the scrap that was left over! Or was that extra material I ordered? Makes a good table to mix drinks on too! And remember Boys you stir yer drinks with a CRAPMAN Screw Driver!  Beats welding off a short file cabinet I was using! :D 

~Duke

IMG_20140327_180150_068.jpg

IMG_20140327_180059_348.jpg

IMG_20140327_125315_686.jpg

IMG_20140327_144834_503.jpg

IMG_20140507_142108_166.jpg

IMG_20140508_192108_401.jpg

IMG_20140513_164418_872.jpg

IMG_20140331_164134_005.jpg

IMG_20140331_164120_392.jpg

IMG_20140513_171459_788.jpg

IMG_20140513_192936_305.jpg

Click Link Below For News Video 

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/life-rings-save-4-lives-in-berrien-county/27273102 

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 7

wh500special

Nice job, Duke.  Next time we take the kids to St. Joe I'll be sure to point out your handiwork!

Downsizing, you say?   If you want to restock all it will take is a trip or three to St. Louis.  I'm going to try and clear out about 30. 

I'd swear these are Wheel Rabbits...

• Like 2

c-series don

I think we need a better picture of the girl on the wall in the 7th picture,too much stuff in the way!!!! I think I have her sister on my wall!!!!

Cutlas3391

I love the comment "Wheel Rabbits" except mine bite everytime I try to get over them to get to the other side of the garage! I'm going have to invest in shin guards. I don't even know what color my garage floor is anymore...

cce602d2e957e377cb03b38846ca5f20.jpg

cb1c6dff0298be65cc1d33f9407c80a4.jpg

b88bfac38822e01b305fc56be7f6983a.jpg

• Like 5

AMC RULES
Floor looks teal green, over by the snow machines...
and then, :wh: red everywhere else.  
 :confusion-shrug:
  • Like 1

Pullstart

Duke, you've done quite a bit of work since we were there!  Nice job!  Drink, well deserved

Retired Wrencher

Duke I hear you. But at times I think it is the chase. And the road trips. If you have a 4x4 space we fell the need to fill it. Enjoy you new freedom of room. Gary   B...

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It
I'm proud of you Bob! I think you did the right thing by getting the number down to a manageable size. You will probably have more fun with them now. I have learned the hard way that I too can have too many Horses. I had to get the number down to what you see below. Any more than that and some of the fun goes away. I even sold my 1969 JD140h3 this Summer. It feels good to downsize.

AMC RULES
 I have learned the hard way that I too can have too many Horses.
Any more than that and some of the fun goes away.  It feels good to downsize.

Nonsense!     :wacko:
That's just crazy talk.
    :angry-nono:
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/32872-whats-in-your-mirror/
20150911_155235.thumb.jpg.974a35cdfc84d8

• Like 5

DennisThornton

Sometime a guys has to do what he has to do!   :(    I am presently down to 9 from 24. When they start flowing out the stable doors and into the yard its time to have some intervention. Whats left in the stable is my restored 56, 58, (701 in primer and parts) 702, and 68 Lawn Ranger. 2) 520's and the 417A. One of the 520's will be a loader the other one if for parts. Not Shown is The Senior in my shop and the 520 Snow Chucker.

Yes, I think it's time to start sharing!  Although pictures like these do help with, "Honey!  Look at this!  See!  I'm not SO bad!"!  So I do thank you for your efforts!  Though I am quite envious!

• Like 2

can whlvr

what you got rid of the original snow chucker?

Wheel-N-It
 I have learned the hard way that I too can have too many Horses.
Any more than that and some of the fun goes away.  It feels good to downsize.

Nonsense!     :wacko:
That's just crazy talk.
    :angry-nono:
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/32872-whats-in-your-mirror/
20150911_155235.thumb.jpg.974a35cdfc84d8

I didn't want to build another barn Craig LOL. They were in the shop, they were in the carport, they were in the pole barn, and in the Wheel Horse Barn. I was tripping over them just trying to walk around. I might have to ramp it up again one day but for now I'm just going to enjoy the ones I have and think about the one I want to build :)

• Like 1

squonk

But did you have any roundhoods in your living room with doilies on them pretending to be end tables? :lol:

• Like 2