Ed Kennell

58th Annual Steam-o-Rama

buckrancher

we will be there on the 3rd all day

brian

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I'll be there Fri and Sun Brian.     Saturday  depends on the wind direction.   I've been watching a pretty good buck ( 150 ish) for several years now and Saturday is the first day of Pa archery.
If we have a South wind, I will be in my stand.   Maybe if the arrow flies straight  Saturday morning,  I'll look for you in the PM.

• Like 1

AMC RULES
:text-yeahthat:  Here's hoping...
you drop the hammer...
    Ed...zilla.  
  :handgestures-thumbsup:
  • Like 2

jimt1971

We are trying to go on Saturday.

Ed Kennell

Looks like this could be a wash out.    We're  pretty much saturated now.  If...  er ... when the grounds get muddy, all the equipment may end up at the bottom of the hill.

AMC RULES
Can't you still hunt in the rain?    :unsure:
  • Like 1

buckrancher

the weather looks like it maybe a no show for us

brian

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
Can't you still hunt in the rain?    :unsure:

Rain is no problem,  But NW winds are forecast  thru Tue.  I need SE to SW.

the weather looks like it maybe a no show for us

brian

Same here Brian...I may pay a visit since it's only 5 mile, but I'll leave the tractors in the barn.

ericj

i took some of my tractors down and me and charlie culley will be there for a while today, fri, sat and sun. took tractors down thurs evening and it was pretty soupy. just watched the weather light rain this morn and steady rain tonight and to some what clear off sat and look better on sun

eric j 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I'll look for you on Sat Eric.   Do you think the track is usable for pulling?   Dave, are you still bringing Wildfire?  If so, keep us posted on your pull times.

rmaynard

I've been there when it only rained overnight, and the bottom display area was a swamp.  Can't imagine what a couple of days of torrential rain would be like.

I won't be going this year. SadSmileyUmbrellaSM.thumb.png.00f64d360d

Edited by rmaynard

Ed Kennell

I hear ya Bob.

ericj

Ed i heard that the pro garden tractor pulls were cancelled not sure about the fun pulls. i got my diesel swamped last night on one of the higher road trying to get down to unload had to get pulled out by a kitty cat.actually he was the first tractor i found that was running and he said he would do it. 2 other people offered to pull me out with pickup trucks but i was afraid we just both get stuck or tear everything up trying to get out. its not going to be pretty this weekend down there. i'm leaving now to head down. see if i can get some pictures 

eric j

Ed Kennell

Thanks for the update Eric....Glad you got out OK.      Surprised you didn't use four of your  520s in a four horse hitch to yank that pick-up outa the mud.  That would have made the calendar.

• Like 1

ericj

here's some pictures of today at rainy Windsor steam-o-rama. decided it was time to hang it up for today and try again tomorrow

eric j  

072.JPG

073.JPG

074.JPG

075.JPG

076.JPG

077.JPG

Thanks for the update Eric....Glad you got out OK.      Surprised you didn't use four of your  520s in a four horse hitch to yank that pick-up outa the mud.  That would have made the calendar.

Ed I left all of my ( good tractors ) at home in the dry this year so i didn't even bring any 520's along to the show this year. i'm not sure the 520's could have pulled almost 8000 lbs of truck and trailer out of the soup

eric j

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

here's some pictures of today at rainy Windsor steam-o-rama. decided it was time to hang it up for today and try again tomorrow

eric j  

072.JPG

073.JPG

074.JPG

075.JPG

076.JPG

077.JPG

Ed I left all of my ( good tractors ) at home in the dry this year so i didn't even bring any 520's along to the show this year. i'm not sure the 520's could have pulled almost 8000 lbs of truck and trailer out of the soup

eric j

You are one diehard horseman Eric.   The good news, you had no problem finding a space to set up.    I really feel sorry for the folks (volunteers) that did all the prep work for this show.
I just realized this is also apple harvest weekend @ South Mountain.   They have better flat ground at Arendtsville  than the hillside at Windsor, and they don't have tons of rolling iron to move.       Anyway thanks for the update.    Maybe I'll see ya sat or Sun.  if these 20 some 60 year old spruce trees around me don't fall on me.   The ground is saturated and they are catching a lot of this wind.