chorusguy

need help with plow set up

chorusguy

Have a c160 auto.  Found this plow not sure if it is a wheelhorse but anyway.  When I adjust the linkage to enable the plow to come up high enough to transport it doesn't have enough travel to dig very deep.  The linkage is all cobbled together from the previous owner so I am not sure what it is supposed to look like.

1442783769080.jpg

1442783844343.jpg

1442783904383.jpg

1442783939678.jpg

Picture of plow is with it raised as high as it will go in current setting.  Furrow is as deep as it will go in current setting

chorusguy

OK.  Did a short run with linkage detached and it still ran shallow so I think the plow itself needs adjustment.  Here is a picture.  The adjustment part is rusted in place but will work on freeing it up.  Don't know how this adjustment device works

1442785086369.jpg

gwest_ca
On a flat surface block up the 2 left wheels as deep as you want to plow. Then adjust the plow so the landslide sits flat on the ground. That is the piece of angle behind the plow. I have to do this every time I mount the plow so have a 6x6 about 6 feet long that I beveled one end to form a ramp to drive up on it. That setting may need to be fine tuned because the plow will find it's own depth based on that adjustment. If you want to go deeper tip the front point down. Too deep raise it up a bit.
Your landslide looks like it is flat on the ground now and its not into it yet so it won't want to go down.

Mine is on a 3-point hitch and the top link provides the adjustment. The top link gets used for other chores so has to be adjusted every time the plow goes on.

Garry