scotty

800 special axles

scotty

I got a rear end that needs rear axles and was wondering if 800 special axles would work for it? Its a 4 speed unidrive with inch axles. The model number was painted over so im not sure what size axles it would need. I think its going to go in a b-80 if that helps

C-101plowerpower

have you got the old axle's? if so measure them, if they're the same as the 800 special its a go

stevasaurus

Scotty, if you are talking axles from an 800 Special which is a 1971...that has a Peerless 1400 transmission in it.  No way those axles will cross with a Wheel Horse uni-drive transmission.  If you are trying to put them into a B-80...those axles are probably 1" axles...but not the same as Peerless.  I am not sure what you are really trying to do here.  How about a little background?  racinfool40 probably has the right axles for a B-80 in stock.  :)

scotty

The transmission has one axle in it. The other was missing. Im not sure what i came out of. But i think im going to use it for a b-80. I was hoping to fix the transmission for free. But its worth putting some money in to.

stevasaurus

So, the transmission with 1 axle has the hi/low with 1" axles??  That sounds like it is a # 5086...1972 Raider 8 and Raider 10, and 1973 8 hp 8 speed and 10 hp 8 speed.  Send a PM to racinfool40, I bet he has one for not much money.  :)

scotty

It has the 3 speed with reverse are all the axles the same in the 3 speed with reverse?

stevasaurus

It depends...a picture would have saved a lot of typing.  Where does the brake shaft come out of the case...the hole next to the axle housing or the hole closer to the front of the horse.  This is important.  To confirm...this is not a hi/low transmission...it is either a 3 speed or a 4 speed....depends on where the brake shaft comes out.  Once we know that, we can go farther.  Some of the 4 speeds have different length axles.  Any way you can post a picture??  :)

racinfool40

nope...gonna depend on which trans it is...some have longer axles some are shorter..How much axle is stick out of the trans?...Maybe a pic of the trans you have...like Steve said some were peerless transmissions and were 3 forward and reverse also..most stick out around 2-1/4 to 2-3/8 past the axle housing...there are some with longer axle that stick out 4-1/2" past the axle housing...I have both styles if needed.

Edited by racinfool40
  • Like 1

scotty

ill get a picture tommorow sorry about the confusion.

scotty

IMG_20150915_163919_zpsxxnlxypk.jpg

IMG_20150915_163925_zpsfeid0zfd.jpg

Are these right?

• Like 1

stevasaurus

You have a 4 speed transmission with what looks like the shorter axles.  If the axle that is in the trans is only sticking out like 2 1/4" that is the shorter axle and racinfool40 (Mike) above said he had them.  In your picture, you can see that the brake drum is in the hole that is toward the front of the transmission.  I believe that transmission did come out of a B-80 4 speed and is Wheel Horse transmission #5084.  :)  Send a PM to Mike.

• Like 2

scotty

Will do thanks for the help! Just what i needed!

• Like 1