Marv

Transmission Stand

AMC RULES
OH! Yeah...     :eusa-clap:
very nicely done Marv. 

callum12

very nice indeed, will it be painted red!? :) 

953 nut

Looks good, nice job.  :text-bravo:

DennisThornton

I like the effort and the posting but I have to ask.  Is that the best way to mount it?  On it's side?  Now keep in mind that I've not rebuilt one either, but I would have thought it would go back together easier if it were as it is used.  Can you load all the parts in the "bottom" right half and then slide the other over it?  If so then I guess that is the way to go!

Hey!  Stevasaurus?  You're opinion?  (Marv, he'll notice the "Transmission" in the title and come looking anytime!)

Shynon

Dennis 
 Answer is yes that is the best way to rebuild transmission is on its side.

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5426.JPG

• Like 2

Racinbob

I like the effort and the posting but I have to ask.  Is that the best way to mount it?  On it's side?  Now keep in mind that I've not rebuilt one either, but I would have thought it would go back together easier if it were as it is used.  Can you load all the parts in the "bottom" right half and then slide the other over it?  If so then I guess that is the way to go!

Hey!  Stevasaurus?  You're opinion?  (Marv, he'll notice the "Transmission" in the title and come looking anytime!)

That's correct Dennis. The service manual even states to clamp the right side in a vice. Gravity will work with you and all the gears will line up fine. That goes for both the three piece case and two piece.

• Like 3

Bach-Ed

Another suggestion I used my Black & Decker Workmate work table.   I opened the space just large enough for the axle housing to fit between the halves.  You can snug it up for some stability.

• Like 3

Marv

Callum,
I was thinking red. Then I thought if I paint it red I might forget and try to mount it to a wheel horse (extra part? where did this come from?).
Think since it is a special tool / fixture maybe  it should be painted hammered grey.

ED,
Now you tell me. I have one of those. That's what I get for thinking wood working . Didn't know it was good for chinery.

Marvin

Bach-Ed

I don't weld so I make do with what I have and that is wood.

• Like 1