• Like 1

DennisThornton

Very nice Bud!

• Like 1

rjg854

sweet looking machine, it looks great!

• Like 1

857 horse

BUD,,,,,,,THANK-YOU FOR LETTING EVERYONE SEE INTO YOUR LIFE...AND WE GOT TO SEE A GREAT FINAL RESULT.....
ITS GONNA LOOK GREAT CRUZIN THE BIG SHOW NEXT SUMMER !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Pullstart

That is a work of art, for sure!  Do you suppose it'll keep up with that Yamaha?  :ychain:

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I'll say something when I figure out the right words!  Nothing I've come up with so far quite expresses how incredibly awesome this is...

Bud!  Any plans to produce and market them?  Build an electric and every WH enthusiast that golfs would want one!  'Course every WH enthusiast probably wants this one now anyway!

Bud Andrews

I don't play golf,  it's more like a rifle range vehicle, to me.  I couldn't produce and market them, then it wouldn't be any FUN .

Edited by Bud Andrews
  • Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse
I don't know what to say except " Holey Moley " , I wished I lived next door to you so I  could visit every day and see what you are working on.
  • Like 1

Aldon

Nice herd. I do like the Panzer. One of these days may have to own one for a while:-)

• Like 1

squonk

Can't wait to see this in person! :woohoo:

• Like 2

AMC RULES
Don't forget your camera.  :handgestures-thumbupright:
  • Like 1

857 horse

Mike,,,,,,,,Bud is gonna HAVE TO GIVE RIDES TO THE ADULT KIDDIES NEXT SUMMER......
THINK A QUARTER WILL GET A RIDE AROUND THE INFIELD??

• Like 3

DennisThornton

I don't play golf,  it's more like a rifle range vehicle, to me.  I couldn't produce and market them, then it wouldn't be any FUN .

I'm hoping the Ponds had some fun too!
But no matter what it has been a very interesting and very enjoyable ride!
Hoping this it no where near the end!
Great work my friend!

• Like 1

rjg854

what a fine collection, and some truly wonderful work, I bow to your ability

• Like 1

JC 1965

Great job, you should be very proud. Thanks for sharing.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Hey Bud.  Any idea how many hours you have in "Ole Shep"?  I know I would have a ton trying this and then that but maybe you are a much better prototyper than I am, but if you were to build another one, how long might the second one take you?

I'm also gathering that you are quite happy with it?  Anything you wish you had done differently?

Oh!  I'm wondering if you are still looking for just the right hood ornament?

• Like 1

Bud Andrews

Dennis, if I had to guess, I'd say I could crank another one out in maybe 80 - 100 hours.  Balls out, around 2 weeks if I stayed at it all day, every day. It's the cutting , fitting,  and welding that take the most time. I started this in July, although I didn't work on it every day.  Sometimes I would just sit and stare at it for an hour , figuring out how to make something fit or work.  If I had to change anything at all, I'd make the carry-all on the back wider and a little longer, but that's about it.  Mechanically speaking,  the drive belt system and the steering system are already figured out and I would not change a thing. Once those 2 major hurdles are done, the rest is just cosmetic and it can look however you want it to.  Making the fenders and seat and other sheet metal fit could be done a lot of different ways .  As far as happy goes, YES !   I'm very happy ! It should be as dependable as any other Wheel Horse , let's face it, they were built to work and mow hour after hour, year after year with very little trouble as long as you do the proper preventive maintenance now and then.  This should be no different.
p.s. -  (  no hood ornament,  I like the gas cap, is all )

Oh, I forgot to tell ya,  I'm still tweaking things here and there,  today I added some arm rests.  Guess where  I got them ? Heheheheheheheeeeeeeeeee.....................................

WP_20150919_002.jpg

WP_20150919_003.jpg

WP_20150919_006.jpg

WP_20150919_008.jpg

Edited by Bud Andrews
  • Like 7

Molon_Labe

Bud, all I can say is WOW! Off the chart impressive work and ingenuity :bow-blue:. Thanks for sharing this project and I hope you do many more in the future.

• Like 1

DennisThornton

Lord!  I sit here just a chuckling!  Bud, I hope to meet you and yours someday and to see your works first hand!  I know I've teased and perhaps tested you somewhat, but Man, I really like what you and yours have done and I really like you!  You are not only very talented with your hands but in other ways as well!  Sort of a shame really, that all of this has gone under "I SAW EXHAUST STACKS FOR SALE AT THE BIG SHOW" a novel topic all it's own but SO VERY MUCH of this has had NOTHING to do with that!  And it's still on it's 5th page!  This topic should have changed names!  Who know to check here for "Ole Shep"?  As much interest as you have generated here you have been very poorly marketed!  It's OK, we can talk later!

Seems like the only thing that we disagree on it that "Ol Shep" really needs a hood ornament!  For myself, I'm ok with that, I just think you owe it to "Ol Shep'!  :D

I've got a pair of those arm rests somewhere!  Tent"  Trailer?  Ummm?

Bud, what a pleasure it has been, my friend!

Ok, back to business!  I'm guessing we wouldn't get rich making these, but if you wanted to make them, I think I could sell them and go 50%/50% with you!  But only with a really nice hood ornament!  :rolleyes:

Edited by DennisThornton
Ole to Ol

Bud Andrews

WP_20150918_021.mp4

Edited by Bud Andrews
  • Like 4