857 horse

I SAW EXHAUST STACKS FOR SALE AT THE BIG SHOW

Bud Andrews

WHX5, could they be used with inner tubes in them?

Got the exhaust system finished today while my Honey stained and varnished the woodwork. Miserable hot here again today , had to call it quits for awhile.....

WP_20150909_003.jpg

WP_20150909_002.jpg

WP_20150909_005.jpg

WP_20150909_007.jpg

WP_20150909_011.jpg

• Like 8

muz123

Very nice!

WHX??

'fraid not Bud...inner tubes would bulge out the rips &  holes!

elcamino/wheelhorse

You should give classes on how you just get your  ideas and create videos that dummies like me could purchase to watch your work progress.  How many people show up at your place to watch the work and shoot the bull on a daily basis ? You are a MASTER.

Bud Andrews

Now I can start adding some " tricks" to this thing I'm building, a little shiney stuff here and there to brighten it up.  You guys wanna know a secret ?  The more shiney trinkets and whistles and bells you add, the less likely somebody will notice your shitty rattle can paint job.  It's true,  it's like a magician, he gets your attention to look at something else , and then he pulls his magic trick.  What do your eyes see first?   All I paint with is a rattle can,  is good enough for me.  Powder coat something ? Forget it ! It won't happen here,  I'm not gonna blow that kind of money on a 100 dollar tractor, because at the end of the day, it's just a lawn mower .............

11986935_10205025068890827_1108030036656822412_n.jpg

12002900_10205025069210835_1533051820800907902_n.jpg

12003284_10205025070010855_3201578133807299754_n.jpg

12004678_10205025068250811_3247401815001398522_n.jpg

• Like 5

DennisThornton

Dennis,  I rolled the sheet metal, an inch at a time by gradually bending it in my Harbor Freight 40 dollar , 30 inch sheet metal brake.  The hubs are 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern, 2 inches wide, sold on eBay as Jeep wheel spacers and the seat is just an ordinary EZ GO golf cart seat.  Some things I can't make , lol

I've seen some of your work!  I could reupholster the seat so I know you could!  Just that the corners are very well done!  That's the tricky part!

DennisThornton

You and the folks at wherever you buy the door edge trim must be on a first name basis!

• Like 3

DennisThornton

Bud, you might say a few words about the exhaust system.  Curious about the ell.  How long does the chrome drain pipe hold up?   Esp up by the engine?
And you've playing around with the drive belt and pulleys too!

WHX??

Gotta ask Bud whats that button on the floor board for? A wolf whistle?:ychain:

• Like 1

Bud Andrews

ooooogah !  lol

The el is a 45 degree 1 inch pipe elbow.  I turned both ends in the lathe so the pipe is a nice slip fit.  I make my own clamps.    The chrome pipe is holding up good, only ever had one turn blue near the engine.  The belt is routed under the floor , around 4 idler pulleys.

100_3679.JPG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Bud Andrews
  • Like 1

Pullstart

Is the governor still in tact while using the centrifugal clutch?  nice work you're doing there! 

Bud Andrews

yes the governor works fine

DennisThornton

Thanks for the explanation, Bud!  I'm surprised the thin walled chrome drain pipe holds up that well!  Sure looks nice!

857 horse

BUD...........THAT IS VERY CREATIVE PULLEY SYSTEM....I LIKE IT !!!!!

• Like 2

DennisThornton

Bud!  At first I hesitated to mention, but now I feel I must!  I don't quite see how you are going to drive the mower deck!  But, I have seen enough of your work to have faith.  Can't wait to see how you do it!  B)

Edited by DennisThornton
I to A

Bud Andrews

I think I missed something Dennis.  What mower deck are you talking about ?  Or you're just kidding, right?

I don't think I am building this to mow with, lol

11218204_1005021266198267_1267568939096537023_n.jpg

Edited by Bud Andrews
  • Like 3

DennisThornton

Man!  That is just neater than all get out!  If that's not an in-the-parade eye-ball catcher!

Rear view mirrors?  Bug eyed headlamps?  Hood ornament?  Neat as it is I'm thinking you might have more ideas still?

So no mower deck, snow plow then?  B)

WHX??

That thing has got a heck of a road gear....really hauls the mail! :lol:

Chrome exhausts getting the blues can mean the motor is running too rich.

Bud Andrews

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis,  don't be silly,  I have 12 other tractors I can plow snow with,  this is just a FUN, RIDE AROUND ON, toy !  Did you see my video above that I posted last night ?    Hehehehehehehe,  too fast to do any work, lol !

DennisThornton

Correct Jim!  And I'm guessing that Bud's chrome stays bright because his machine's beauty is not just skin deep!

JPWH

I like it. Very cool!

DennisThornton

Bud, I overlooked the video until just now.  Neat!  Very obvious to me now that a snow plow would be appropriate!  And a cab of course.  With doors!  Yeah, I'm kidding.  Somewhat anyway!

Or!  You know what!  A MiniMo with a full cab!  And I bet you could do it!  http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2005/04/01/hmn_feature19.html

1938 Farm On! - 1938 Minneapolis Moline UDLX Comfortractor

Wouldn't that be neat too!

Bud Andrews

these look about the right size for this..........nice lights for the right money

V__6BD4.jpg

V__D26A.jpg

V__E320.jpg

Capture.PNG

• Like 2