857 horse

I SAW EXHAUST STACKS FOR SALE AT THE BIG SHOW

Racinbob

More like creative and talented. I like your work. :handgestures-thumbupright:

DennisThornton

Bud, I think you and I think a lot a like, just that maybe you think a little better!  :lol:  Yet again!  Really nice tractor!  These all yours or just some pics you found on the Web? B)  This doesn't have what seems to be your trademark door edge mldg anywhere!  But then it is nice and lots of attention to details.  Maybe.  Could be!  Very nice!  I've learned something again but I'm not sure what and I hate to ask in front of all these guys.  Those front tires OEM?  With "Wheel Horse" molded into them?  I didn't know WH had their own brand tires!  Or you just foolin' with us?  You paint that in there on a flat spot?  Nice!

Save that picture too!

Bud Andrews

Here's one I couldn't resist,  I took a Harley Davidson horn cover and made ( or "re-purposed") this.  I lay for stuff like this on eBay and nail it when it when it's only a few bucks.  It looks sweet on my K91.

WP_20140406_009.jpg

WP_20140404_002.jpg

WP_20140404_004.jpg

Dennis , all these are mine !  My wife's steady hand lettered the tires on the 700, she used a small brush and silver paint.

0430131231a.jpg

• Like 6

Bud Andrews

She sews and cooks good, too !  She restored the seat on the 700,  bought and matched up the materials and stitched it back together by hand.  She loves our tractors as much as I do (  that's half the battle, lol ).  I have given her a couple tractors , the 700 and a 654, which is awaiting restoration,  but she uses it around the yard all the time for chores. Oh, and YES Wheel Horse branded their name in many tires.  They are the original tires.

100_1183.JPG

100_1186.JPG

100_1187.JPG

Edited by Bud Andrews
  • Like 5

Racinbob

Wheel Horse didn't make the tires but yes, they had Wheel Horse molded on them.. I have a 657 with them. Have you seen the whitewalls?

Bud Andrews

Only whitewalls I have ever seen are pictures of the Indy tractors with them on.  They are very rare.

here is a close up view

0430131232.jpg

• Like 5

Bud Andrews

Th rear tires are also branded with the Wheel Horse logo,  but they were made by Carlisle ( Turf Savers )

100_1695.JPG

• Like 3

DennisThornton

Good lord!  How am I suppose to go to bed and get some sleep?  I'll miss something!  Bud, RacinBob, I had no idea that WH had branded WH tires!  No idea!  I was afraid to ask 'cause I thought they just might!  I guess they bought enough to have "Wheel Horse" added to the molds but I've NEVER seen that even mentioned!  And I might not know much but I have read a LOT!   'course it seems I'm missing stuff lately...

Whitewalls!  Man!  The more I learn the less I think I knew!  So now for an original WH some might need to have OEM, WH branded "White Walls"?  Lord, lord...

Bud, seriously.  You gave a 700 and a 654 to your wife.  I know, not for her but to her...  Check out my signature, I have a 654 and some other stuff.  I would love to have a women that enjoyed my tractor passion 1/10th as much as I do.  What would it take?  Just name your price!  B)  My best to your Mrs.!  May the two of you restore WHs forever!  But... If....  B)

Bud Andrews

Yep, she's a keeper !!!

100_3149.JPG

• Like 7

DennisThornton

Darn!  I offered all I have!  I even waited up for any replies.  

Well, please tell her that there are offers out here!  It will take considerable time and effort to make my 654 to look even that good but I will if that's what it takes!

Bud, it has been a pleasure!  Best to you and your Best!

Keep it going!  Look forward to all your projects!

And if...

Bud Andrews

And if what ?

DennisThornton

Isn't that something!

AMC RULES
Wonder why them square hooded :wh:'s...
look so good with round hood fenders on 'em.
 :handgestures-thumbupright:
  • Like 2

squonk

That's something I want to do to Skonk! 

• Like 1

Bud Andrews

Love them, too . I didn't expect to ever find a 1045, so I put this 857 together, then a couple weeks later a 1045 dropped in my lap!  It sits on the back burner,  when I got it , the guy had it sandblasted and primed already.  It's just waiting to be reborn.  Probably this fall or winter.....

Spent the day spraying some paint,  Old Shep is gonna be a nice little show cruiser !  Can't wait 'til it's back together again.

WP_20150908_004.jpg

WP_20150908_006.jpg

WP_20150908_008.jpg

WP_20150908_010.jpg

Edited by Bud Andrews
  • Like 4

Racinbob

You sure do nice work.  A supporter now :greetings-clappingyellow:

squonk

Can't wait to see everything in person! :banana-linedance:  :banana-linedance:   :banana-dreads:    :banana-dreads:207109581avatar.thumb.gif.a12f04742455bf

• Like 1

dewdew

Beautiful!!

• Like 1

jackhammer

Great to see your talents, supporter status and the pictures.

Thanks

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I was wondering if you might get to that soon!  Very nice!  As usual!

• Like 1

DennisThornton

How did you roll the panel under the seat?
You make the extended hubs?
Upholster the seat?  Nice job on the corners whoever did it!

Bud Andrews

Dennis,  I rolled the sheet metal, an inch at a time by gradually bending it in my Harbor Freight 40 dollar , 30 inch sheet metal brake.  The hubs are 5 X 4.5 bolt pattern, 2 inches wide, sold on eBay as Jeep wheel spacers and the seat is just an ordinary EZ GO golf cart seat.  Some things I can't make , lol

• Like 2

WHX??

Love the raw look of the recoil on that motor with the HD filter cover Bud, you sure do have a talent I envy!

I have a few of those tires with the WH on them. They don't hold air and are somewhat dry rotted but you have inspired me to clean them up,  try and paint them and use them for shop decor!

Edited by WHX5
  • Like 2