Brian01

Kicking myself in the Rear!

Brian01

After bath time...

IMG_20150910_133121892.jpg

IMG_20150910_133131843.jpg

• Like 1

Brian01

OK guys serious ? .....should I have the tread on the new AGs turned around?

Or will it get a better bite like they are?

WNYPCRepair

There is an arrow for direction of travel 

Screen_Shot_2015-09-11_at_12.11.14_AM.th

AMC RULES
Just swap 'em around...left to right.

Edited by AMC RULES

Brian01

Yes, I know which way they "should" go....but seen several people running them backwards, so I thought maybe got better traction or something...anyway I switch em around today probably.

WNYPCRepair

Yes, I know which way they "should" go....but seen several people running them backwards, so I thought maybe got better traction or something...anyway I switch em around today probably.

Front ags go backward for better steering. 

Brian01

10 - 4

Brian01

Okay, gottem switched back round..

IMG_20150911_095459937.jpg

IMG_20150911_095509100.jpg

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

When the AG's are backwards and you "dig in" trying to get traction, the rear end can get loose and want to walk side to side. Gets a little twitchy.

Similar reasons to why front tires have toe in, helps keep you going straight. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Brian01

Well, one of the back ones was leaking around the bead, room it off, cleaned the wheel really good, got all the rust off, aired it back up, doesn't appear to be leaking.."yet"

But it did mess my new paint up!!!! Tried touching it up with a paint brush, but just looks like poo! So I'll have to repaint it, eventually.

RedRanger

I've seen a few farmers run ags backwards on the front of their combines.  I was told by them that running correct direction, they dig in.  Running backward, they float.  On a combine, they want flotation.
Makes sense if you think about the dynamics of the lugs.  Different style lugs act differently as well.  If you want to get technical, each style of lug has a different purpose and acts differently in different types of soil.

Brian01
:handgestures-thumbupright:

Brian01

Got the ol lady to work on the RJ today..

Done the letters on the hood.

IMG_20150912_174424478.jpg

• Like 5

Brian01

I dont have a steady enough hand so, my better half said she'd give it a try..

Done pretty good I thought.

• Like 3

AMC RULES
:text-yeahthat:   Really good.   :bow-blue:
  • Like 1

slammer302

That does look good!:text-bravo:

• Like 1

Brian01
:text-thankyoublue:

kudzu3

That's excellent, how'd she do that? I've tried every way possible to paint raised letters and just can't do it. I've heard that there's some sort of roller for that but can't find any info on it.

953 nut
The best way I have found to do raised letters is to put several coats of white paint over the lettering and paint the entire hood white so there wont be a color difference. After sufficient drying time has passes spray the red coats and let dry for a couple of days. Using a sanding block with 600 wet and dry paper and a great deal of caution wet sand the red off of the lettering until they are white. Now you can wet sand the entire hood with 1200 being careful around the letters followed by a clear coat. 

Or I guess you could have Brian's wife come over and do it for you!   
:ROTF:
  • Like 2

kudzu3

Yea, wish I had done that, everything is already painted. Too far to drive from MO to GA :auto-car:, maybe I could mail my tractor :eusa-think:

• Like 2

Brian01

That's excellent, how'd she do that? I've tried every way possible to paint raised letters and just can't do it. I've heard that there's some sort of roller for that but can't find any info on it.

painters pen from Wally world and steady hand...few coats of course.

squonk

go to Wally World and get some rubber cement. Smear it all over the letter area and let dry. Take a razor blade and slice off the rubber on the flat part of the letter. Paint the letter. The remaining rubber will mask where you don't want paint. When letters are dry wipe off remaining rubber. Done

• Like 2

Brian01

That's a good idea as well, but a little more work.

Brian01

Well, got my tranny from Frank at the Meet n Greet yesterday!! Yay!! Put my shifter in it, seems to shift gears good...cleaned and primed. Today I took the tranny loose from the RJ, tomorrow the new tranny is getting paint, when its dry in a day or two it'll be attached. Then on to getting a motor running...if I can get the k90 goin'. I'll just find me a predator engine, or something of the sort n slap on her, cause I wunna cruise.

IMG_20150919_190734203.jpg

IMG_20150920_130904240.jpg

• Like 3

953 nut

That second picture looks like a Los Vegas magic act.       :ROTF:

• Like 2