Solex

Magnum Engine Swap on C-81

Solex

I plan on switching out the 8HP K series engine with an 8 HP Magnum engine. One thing that I noticed was that the C-81 features an engine cradle and the hole for PTO rod housing or C hoop is incorporated right into the engine cradle. The Magnum came off a 300 series and the bracket for the C hoop is mounted directly to the frame,  therefore it sits a bit lower. I guess as long  as the Magnum PTO pulley location and mounting holes are the same, I can just mount it on the C-81 mounting cradle. That way I can use the current drive belt? Are there any other issues I should plan for?

slammer302

I would use the the oil pan from the original engine then you can use the factory cradle and everything should go to gather easy

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

DennisThornton

I would use the the oil pan from the original engine then you can use the factory cradle and everything should go to gather easy

So the K series oil pan will swap with the Magnum series?

gwest_ca

If the K-Series engine has battery ignition the Magnum will require a different ignition switch and wiring.

Garry

slammer302

As far as I know the magnum 8 oil pan will swap with the k181 oil pan

Solex

Thanks for all the feedback. I never even thought about switching out the pan. In terms of electrical, I plan on buying a universal wiring harness. The M-8 has only 3 wires that come from it, and this tractor appears not have any of those pesky PTO kill switches. However, I have not looked at a wiring diagram yet.