Bach-Ed

first gear pops out

racinfool40

Racinbob, your bottom one looks great..I have one in the box that looks close to your top one in the pic.....I have a medium flat rate box filled with everything he needs...one thing I do also is keep the input shafts mated with the 3523 gear when I remove them....I will be sending Bach-ed everything inside the trans exept differential end plates axle's and axle gears...so he should be back and running in no time.

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower

Steve, As far as how many we have saved who knows.. I have shipped parts all over and Complete transmissions to Massachutes..Texas...North Carolina..New York as well as indiana ohio and Pa... I even had one older fella drive out from New Jersey to my place in North west ohio on a Saturday Morning we re-built his 953 trans he loaded it back up and turn around and drove back to Jersey...The things we do for these little machines is a blast and the people make it fun!!...As far as the 3523 gear that is the biggest problem I have found...for about every 4 I tear down 1 of them gears can be re-used...As they are no longer available new this gear I think is what is going to be the thorn in these transmissions...

even i have some parts from you☺

• Like 3

Racinbob

Cool Mike. I wasn't sure if you had a usable 3523 gear and I was willing to send him one of mine if it passed the Steve and Mike inspection. I do have an extra input shaft with very good teeth but the shaft itself is scored pretty bad so it wouldn't seal. You've got Ed taken care of so all is good :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

squonk

I love the smell of gear oil in the morning..... It smells like....... well we got a tranny to fix! :)

• Like 2

Bach-Ed

Just to close this thread.  I had the tractor out last weekend.  It works great, it's nice to feel a nice click when the gears engage nad it doesn't pop out of gear.  Thanks to Racinbob & Stevasaurus for all the help

• Like 3

Racinbob

Glad all is well and thanks for letting us know. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Just read this entire thread.   What a great read...:thanks:all.

• Like 2

Coadster32

Late to the party, but glad it turned out well for you.

• Like 2

AMC RULES
DSC02315.JPGDSC02356.JPG

Just adding the obvious, which has not been said in this thread...
in hindsight, the milky fluid, and rag show how easily...   :blink:
a simple fluid change would have helped diagnose the internal issues going on in this trans from the very beginning.

:eusa-clap:   Another outstanding :rs:thread that should be pinned...lot's to learn here guys.   :thanks:
  • Like 2

Tuneup

Seconded - most would throw in the towel if they got to this point in tranny disassembly but the internet and RedSquare in the wings keeps these babies running through the grass and dirt. Thanks! to all those that assist here.

• Like 1