terc

Wheel Horse Charger 9 & Tecumseh HH100

terc

I recently acquired this tractor, model 1-7931 after checking it over . The engine will turn over with spark and pop whenever you dribble some gas into the cylinder, however it will not pop if gas or either is sprayed into the carb intake. I removed   and cleaned the carb, still a no go. Tried to purchase a new one but no luck finding one for the Tecumseh HH 100 & Spec # 115095B. Even if  I was to find a carb the cost may well be cost prohibitive for me.  Anyone have any ideas as to what I’m missing on this carburetor.

tunahead72

Hi terc, and welcome!

I'm surprised nobody's responded to this thread yet.  I'm no Tecumseh carb expert, but I'm waiting for parts to rebuild one, maybe I can get you started.

I saw groundhog47 mentioned some manuals in your other thread that might help you out, have you had a chance to look at them?

You should be able to find the proper carb model from the parts diagrams on some of the online parts supplier web sites, using just your Tecumseh engine model and spec number.  My personal favorite right now is RepairClinic.com, I would give them a shot.  They'll probably have a separate diagram for the carb.

From that point, you have several options.  You can clean your old one again and rebuild it with new Tecumseh parts, or you can replace it with a new one.  Some people swear by the cheap Chinese units available on eBay, which you can probably get for about $20.  Stens and Oregon also make replacement carbs, they'll probably cost about $40-$60.  Or you can get a genuine Tecumseh carb for maybe $80-$100.  These prices are what I found for my H50 engine, your carb will probably be different, but the prices should follow the same pattern.

If you decide to rebuild, it sounds like you know your way around these machines a bit, it shouldn't be difficult.  If you're not sure about details, there's a guy named donyboy73 on youtube who's posted some excellent videos in the past few years.  He does a lot of Tecumseh carb work, and his videos are very well done, detailed, clear, lots of little tips, highly recommended.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

tunahead72

I'm starting to understand your problem better.  I just checked a couple of online suppliers, that spec number doesn't show up for some reason.

I don't know what to tell you, this is where some of the more qualified folks step in and point you in a better direction. :)

gwest_ca

Wonder if the exhaust valve is stuck open and no suck on the intake stroke?

Often the spec numbers ending with an even number are recoil start and ending with an odd number are electric start. If you look at HH100-115096 they show a Tecumseh WALBRO-631564 and when you click on that a list of models show up that use it. 
http://www.partstree.com/parts/tecumseh/engines-horizontal-4-cycle-engine/hh100-115096c-tecumseh-4-cycle-horizontal-engine/

Garry

Rob R

I have a new (never been used) NOS Walbro 64 which I know will fit a Tecumseh 120 and I assume a 100 (but I don't know that for a fact). I got two of them 5 or 6 years back I put one on my SS12 and it made a world of difference. That tractor has started and run perfect all this time. I was asking $150 for it but will take $125 from a fellow tractor lover... Be happy to send pics if you send my your e-mail, tried  to attach pics here but no luck. The carb is brand new and never used.

tunahead72

Another possibility...

I did a search here on RedSquare for your 115095B spec number, and found (among several other things) this thread that might be useful:
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/36435-need-carb-for-hh100-115095/

The original poster mentioned that the carb on his engine was a Walbro LNE 29, and somebody else thought that a Tecumseh 631304B carb should work.

RepairClinic.com has a nice photo of the Tecumseh carb, does yours look anything like this?
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Carburetor/631304B/1727574

Does your carb have any markings that would indicate whether it was a Tecumseh model, or a Walbro or some other model?  The float bowl on the bottom of my Tecumseh carb is indented and clearly marked "Tecumseh".

--------

EDIT:  Rob's 2nd photo clearly shows the "LME" and "64" markings on his carb.

Edited by tunahead72

Rob R

It is definitely a Walbro 64 (see the pics I attached), I know many of the Walbro can fit across a large spectrum the OEM spectrum the original Walbro for a Tecumseh HH120 was I believe a # 36, however as I stated the 64 works perfectly on the HH 120. The one I installed 5 years ago is operating perfectly....