Sign in to follow this  
Tennessee Country Boy

754 Question

Tennessee Country Boy

Was talking with Ed Williams in Winchester, Ind. on the phone today and we had a question we did not know the answer to. :D I have had a 754 but could not remember this. :hide: Does the 754 have the small or large breather on the 7hp engine.

I know the 854 has the big one plus a longer hood. :hide::omg: Henry in Tennessee

BPjunk

Henry,

I believe the 754 used the big air cleaner element BUT .

I have for the one you sold me both air cleaner housing set ups jus' incase. :hide:

The transmission in the Uni-Drive rebuild article I'm doing for Lawn and Garden Collector Magazine is also the one for the 754. :D It's kinda like gettin' paid to restore my own tractors. :hide:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Michael Bullington

I will see which type is on the one I bought (appear to have the original engine..correct numbers anyway),,there was no pictures under the hood...and the other tractor has the wrong engine....

Hey Bill,

Henry just brought me a membership to the lawn and garden mag....cant wait to read your articles! :hide:

I wanted to buy that 754 back when you bought it...just didnt have the cash at the time...Although I did make the long trip to Macon GA to get it. (all in one day) :D

KyBlue

One of these days I need to pickup a subscript. To that Mag... unless somebody wants to pay for it for me?? :hide:

HorseFixer

Bill is doing a nice job on the unidrive article! The magazine is well worth the price! :hide:

• Like 1

CasualObserver

One of these days I need to pickup a subscript. To that Mag... unless somebody wants to pay for it for me?? :hide:

Christmas is coming guys.. start dropping hints to the ladies! They don't have to be subtle hints either... find a subscription card and fill it out for her! :D

BPjunk

Henry,

The model 754 did use the SMALL air fillter assembley. This makes sence as the Kohler K-161 used the smaller air filter and the engine was sold to Wheel Horse that way. There would be no need to change air filter housing at the Wheel Horse plant just to make it look like the Kohler K-181. :hide:

I know it was a few years back but the 754 you sold me did have the small air filter assembley. :hide: I picked up a K-181 air filter assembley at Portland from the guy I bought the 552 from .... it was a package deal. :D

Wild Bill in Richmond, VA

DMESS

Ours has the short filter as well, although I wasn't 100% certain it was original.

Interesting how many of these are popping up. :hide: