peigt14

haban sickle bar mower 414 gt 14

Randy c-195

hi i would like to let everyone know that i bought mannys  414 haban sickle bar mower and i am going to try to make it fit one of my wheel horses wish me luck because all i have is a 520h , 160d and a c195 

ztnoo

Randy c-195,

First of welcome to Red Square!  :WRS:

Thanks for letting us know about Manny's Haban. I followed all that banter on WH Junkies.

Did Manny actually deliver that to you in Denver, or did you meet up somewhere about half way, like Indy?

I never eyeballed that personally, but from all the pics I saved to file of it when Manny bought it, I could tell it was in super nice shape for being a old as it is.

It looked like it had hardly been used.

What are your specific mowing requirements that led to you needing a sickle bar?

Mowing around a lake or pond, or roadsides ditches, or under trees where using a conventional belly mounted mower wouldn't work well?

Keep us informed and take lot of pics too!

We love pics here at default_rs.gif

I live in Gas City, southeast of Marion, IN. 

Not too far away.

Steve

• Like 1

Randy c-195

mowing around the pond ect and he came to the south side of indy to meet.

• Like 1

ztnoo

OK.....that's what I kind of figured. One of those roughly "let's meet half way" arrangements.

Makes it easier on both parties.

Any attempt or success in getting that thing mounted and running yet?

Physically the pics looked like all that needed to be done to get it operational, was to get it mounted and get it lubed.........and start mowing.

I'm sure several members here will have interest in hearing about your setup and operation of this implement, so please keep us informed.

Remember, we love pics here at default_rs.gif

Regards,

Steve

lawnman_56
On 2/25/2016 at 5:39 PM, Lane Ranger said:

I am working on getting Manny to join!  He would eliminate a lot of headaches by joining Red Square ( and maybe get a few more )  but that's life!

• Like 1