Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

Fall Harvest at the Pearson Plantation

BPjunk

Well since the 552 lost in the Battle of the 6hp Titans it got elected to snow plow duty pushing the leaves at the Pearson Plantation this fall. <_< <_< <_<

The pullin' wheelie bars were taken off and the snow plow blade installed, once mounted on the 552 it was found the lift lever was not acting right. When the arm was pulled back the blade would only lift 1 inch off the ground and the lever would slip back. OK since this is a 1962 model round hood I knew the double roll pin that holds the lift arms to the lift lever was broken. (the roll pin on the lift arm was only used in 1961 and 1962 models)

So the snow plow blade was removed ......... and since the ground was kinda wet I did not want to lay on the ground in a tight space to knock out the broken peices of roll pin. So I lifted the 552 up on it's rear wheels and sat it against the seat rest, once straight up the roll pin on the lift arm was quite easy to get to. :hide::D

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1226807138.jpg

HorseFixer

Looking good Bill! :D Caught yer article on the Unidrive in LAGC will come in handy on the 701 restore, That is if I ever get the garage and stable done :hide: :hide:

BPjunk

Now at the Pearson Plantation we get a bumper crop of maple, oak, pine needles and pin oak leaves every year so the first part of the harvest the 552 with snow plow takes off the top layer of leaves.

Attached Image

post-3-1226807594.jpg

BPjunk

I could not let the winner of the Battle of the 6hp Titans jus' sit in the back yard snickerin' whiles the 552 did all the work :hide: .... sooooo the 633 got to pull the lawn sweeper 'round the yard to get the second layer of leaves. :D The only problem with the lawn sweeper is it has a Armstrong Dump Lever ..... no hydraulics here .... just a sore arm at the end of the harvest! :hide:

Attached Image

post-3-1226808210.jpg

HorseFixer

Now at the Pearson Plantation we get a bumper crop of maple, oak, pine needles and pin oak leaves every year so the first part of the harvest the 552 with snow plow takes off the top layer of leaves.

OH yeah thats one of those hard to get impliments called a leaf plow! :D I heard there was only 1 of those made Bill and you own it! :hide:

BPjunk

Even though the two workin' girls have their differences they do work well togther out in the field ....... BUT on the pullin' track it is a different story! The wheelie bars will be put back on in the spring. :hide:

Attached Image

post-3-1226808440.jpg

Rollerman

I'm not buying to this...this is a fake Bill.....no white pants or red shirt. <_<

Just kidding Bill....it looks like you do have some serious leaf buildup in your yard.

Probably a wise move putting the plow on the Tucky tractor....if you used the 633 it might have rolled the sod up too with the leaves. :hide:

bowtieguy

OK....but lets see the pile of leaves@@@...or did ya just push em over in the neighbors yard and let the wind take care of stuff???

pond195520032003

How ya going to lift the tractor up to plow the ones on the roof :D:hide::omg:

oh yea, the first picture shows it in position to shoot right up there :hide:

JimD

first pics i've seen of you on here without cowboy boots, bill. :hide:

linen beige

I'm not buying to this...this is a fake Bill.....no white pants or red shirt. <_<

He's just blue 'cause the Tucky got beat. :hide:

But this plow idea might come in handy cleaning up leaves at the church. Just might have to load the old 702 up and take her for a ride.