COMB2

Panzer

COMB2

Anyone ever had or got a Panzer tractor? See one on craigslist and then looked into them. Looks interesting. Not sure what is going on with the drive, is it a belt or shaft :hide: (white part in the pic)

img022.jpg

HorseFixer

No but I have a friend of mine Les Sheesley from Des Moines Iowa that had a couple of those. Les had over 50 Wheel Horse tractors and sold em to the guy From P.A. this last spring! This is the guy That was selling all those parts at the WH show this summer at the Fair Grounds.

MJ and I made a trip to Les's house this spring and I picked up my RJ 55 a 551 Sickle bar mower and a 3 gang reel mower. Les had over 4 LARGE banker boxes just packed full of every WH manual from 58 on! They all went to the Guy in PA also they were all indexed and placed in plastc covers. Sure wish I had time to copy them! I will try and find a pic of his panzer! Cheers Duke

pond195520032003

thats probably a T-70? had one without the engine and also had a meteor! the white part is a tube with the shaft inside! it starts at the back with the (48 chrysler narrowed rearend) with a large gear, and a chain runs to a small gear on the drive shaft! then it runs to the front with the large pully! you pull the handle back toward you and the tractor goes forward!(use different belt grove's for a different speed)! push the same handle forward and the pully rides against the rubber pully on the engine whitch gives it reverse! their are several models of tractors from copar, copar panzer, panzer, pennsylvania panzer, pennsylvania meteor, pennsylvania tractor etc. hope this helps a little :hide:

alot of people use them as pulling tractors because they have the narrowed rearend :D the gear box that runs the deck, drives off the pully on the engine! also these have the same mowing deck as the cub original(61-63), just different mounts and the cub uses 2 spindle covers, where the panzer uses a full cover!

COMB2

Oops sorry I missed that we had an "other brands" section.

Sounds like and interesting tractor. Read this site that said they don't know exactly how many were made because it was owned by so many companies, but said it was under 50,000 total Panzer Info

Just happen to come across it and it's for sale in my town. $500

1f512a137ZZZZZZZZZ8asb159fe265ec31c1a.jpg

1f11g9132ZZZZZZZZZ8as743d45674f8d1155.jpg

1f61321gcZZZZZZZZZ8as3cefbedbfa8710fb.jpg

1f31331g3ZZZZZZZZZ8asd7f6d0acd0711b05.jpg

pond195520032003

ok, the one on the trailer is a COPAR PANZER :hide: a little more sought after and harder to find :omg: its definitly worth $500.00 :omg: they also built one like it except it has a single front wheel! they have i believe 8 or 9hp briggs engines :hide: the grill is cast iron with the frame tubes going through it! also on the smaller T-70's some had cast iron and some were cast aluminum :D

COMB2

Just talked to the guy that has this for sale. Said he has 35 Panzer's total. This one and acouple more for sale. Good thing is he only lives about 5 miles from me. Said he thought it was a 59' and someone painted the blue. Said this one is supposed to be the red and yellow paint. Taking a look soon :hide:

Rideawaysenior

John,

I've got one in the garage that we are restoring this winter. It's all together right now. It's a Copar Panzer three wheel version. I don't know much about the Panzers except that it is one beast of a machine.

Jack