Searcher60

Replacement axels Anyone?

Searcher60

Hello guys. Anybody sitting on a couple used 1 1/8", 8 spd. axels with good bearing surfaces? The new price is kinda steep. Thanks a bunch?

stevasaurus

Searcher60...look...we need to narrow it down a little more.  For example...depending on the horse you have...you could have the 10 pinion differential which has 2 different lengths of axles...guess what ...it is an 8 speed with 1 1/8" axles.  If you have an 8 speed with 8 pinion differential and 1 1/8" axles...that is another animal.  First...it might help if we knew what horse you have...that will tell us which transmission (if it has not been changed out) should be in your horse.  Did you pull these axles out???  What is their length???  Are they the same length??  What is wrong with your trans??  You are correct in that if the parts are available from TORO...you are going to spend some bucks.  On the other hand...it would be nice to identify the parts you need to try to find them and not ship you the wrong parts.  Do you agree??  Any information you can contribute will help.  BTW...once we figure this out...this post should be in the "Wanted Section" where more people would see it...but we still need to know what we are looking for.  :)

• Like 1

Searcher60

Thanks Stevasaurus, the Toro part number is 105875. 1996, 8 spd., 4 pinion. My tractor was caught in a flood. I want matching axels, with good bearing surface. Again, Thanks

stevasaurus

I am still having trouble here.  What is the model of your tractor?  You are newer then I am used to and I am trying to go through the manuals to actually see what you have.  From what I am used to ...an 8 speed with a 4 pinion differential is going to have 1" axles.  Have you torn this tranny down and opened it??  If you have opened this tranny...can you post some pictures??  Where did you get that part number??  Any information you can add here is going to help us help you...and we love pictures.  :)

stevasaurus

Thanks Garry...you nailed it.  It is a 4 pinion differential with 1 1/8" axles and they are the same length.  it was the axle seals and bearings that showed what he has there.  OK...now to try to find those parts.  :eusa-think:  I still would like to know what the length of the axle is before I would have someone mail me axles just cause.  That is the problem with doing these manuals and getting numbers that really don't help anyone with a tractor or a trans that may have what he needs.  Most of the members on here have no idea what a 105875 axle looks like or where you would find one....and the manuals do not really help you figure that out. 

Garry...let me ask you this...if I went to my favorite TORO dealer...would they have the measurements for (say) axles and can we get that information.  Otherwise, we are going through manuals to see if the axles in certain manuals are using the same numbers and therefore the axle is the same.  In other words...if I search a part number...will it tell me how many (and which) transmissions that part would be used in.

I have to tell you...I did not know that you could get a 4 pinion differential with 1 1/8" axles...I never did like the 90's.  :ychain:Searcher 60...we need to see what tractors your tranny was used in and then go from there.  :)

gwest_ca

If you go to
http://www.partstree.com/parts/
and do a search for the 105875 axle it will come up on three lines for Lawn Boy, Toro and Toro Commercial. Click on the "More Details" for Toro and a short list of models that use that part will come up. 

I just copied the 105875 part number from an earlier post. I did not double check the part number to the ipl I linked.

I don't think today's dealers would have any idea how to determine the axle lengths unless they were an older established dealer.

Garry

• Like 1