seven

k 301 connecting rod

seven

I just put new rings in one and later after I put it all back together I was suppose too have had the oil hole in the bottom half of the  connecting rod facing forward is this true . had it up and running already too but now im afraid to run it any more

JAinVA

Seven,
    The oil hole must face the cam.If you run it facing away then the rod will not get oil at the bottom end.Early rod and crank failure are in the not to distant
future.Pull the pan and check if you are not sure.A new pan gasket is cheaper than hard parts and if you have the rod in correctly then you can sleep at nights.
                                                                                            Luck,JAinVA

• Like 4

Fordiesel69

It it is installed with oil hole towards cam = you are safe.

If towards the starter, you need to replace the rod a 2nd time.  It is almost instantly scored when this happens.

seven

will do thanks 

seven

thxs again it was backwords i only ran it for ten minutes thank god..  it was showing signs of were i took some steel wool and buffed it out the guy at the implement thought it be all rite .

JAinVA

If there was no heavy scoring then you should  be fine.These engines are very forgiving.Glad you bothered to check it.Let us know how she sings in the future.
                                                                     Luck,JAinVA