steelhorse

Early 60's Craftsman rider? fiberglass body

steelhorse

Just picked this craftsman up believe it to be a early 60's cannot find any info for sure though, has a strange wind up lever on motor then a release lever to start instead of a pull start but don't see any other tags with the body on it other than 6 hp. pretty cool looking though.
CyokyOJl.jpg
0GQ5zLTl.jpg
Yy2bRWZl.jpg

• Like 3

WNYPCRepair

I remember a similar starting system from when I was a kid. You wound it up, flipped the lever over on top of the motor and pushed down

KC9KAS

Just showed the photo to my wife, and she said "I want it....How much does he want"?
I told her you didn't advertise it for sale!

AMC RULES
Is pretty neat looking... :handgestures-thumbupright:
is it Tecumseh powered too? 

953 nut
:WRS:      Looks like a 1965 Craftsman 6 HP rider to me. Check the internet, start your search off with 1965, I could be off by a year either way.  :text-welcomewave:

Edited by 953 nut

steelhorse

Thanks guys! not sure if its Tecumseh motor or not need to look everything over better, not for sale at this point as I like oddball stuff :D

Wheel-N-It
I was sorting out some of my old LAGT magazines today and there was a few pics and an article about one of those. Yours should have a three speed transmission. The 5hp model was single speed.
  • Like 1

squonk

Too bad it's got a vertical engine. A horizontal would put the plug right under the seat. Hit a good bump and ZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!!!! :) :ychain:

• Like 1

elliot ness

Nice !:greetings-clappingyellow::greetings-clappingyellow:

RedRanger

Very cool.  I'd hotrod the hell out of that thing!  I'm picturing some go cart slicks tucked up underneath the rear and a pumped up engine.
Custom exhaust poking out in front of the rear wheels....

• Like 2

Sprocket

Very cool.  I'd hotrod the hell out of that thing!  I'm picturing some go cart slicks tucked up underneath the rear and a pumped up engine.

Like a ZZ Top mower - Awesome

• Like 1

steelhorse

Too bad it's got a vertical engine. A horizontal would put the plug right under the seat. Hit a good bump and ZZZZZTTTTTTTTT!!!! :) :ychain:

Thats when I would put the wife on it :text-lol:

owning a 32 3 window and a 34 roadster exactly why I bought it, got the looks of a miniature hotrod! but its down a ways on my project list so just put it storage yesterday for a future redo.

• Like 1