wh5208speed

Red, White, and BOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!

PaulC

Lucky guy u are!!! Awesome machine that looks to be in great shape 

muz123

Great find!!!! I hope to get one someday...

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Thad, you struck gold. Looks clean as a whistle. How many hours on it please? Best of luck.

Glenn

stevebo

They are starting to pop up....  Very nice !! How many hours?

wh5208speed

384 hours. Looks like number 143 of 200. The plate on the hood is missing, so it looks like I will need to get one made.

Thad

• Like 1

AMC RULES
In really nice shape too.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

bmsgaffer

Saw that one! Was really close by here. Looks great!

As bad as I want one, i cant justify it if I cant use it... But im glad someone on here got it to take good care of!

JC 1965

Wow !! Great lookin tractor.      :thumbs2:

rmaynard

Very nice find. Looks like it's been used gently but taken care of pretty well. A little TLC and it will look like new.

shallowwatersailor

Sweet!!! Those are really nice looking. This one looks "gently" used. Enjoy!

WNYPCRepair

Nice, very clean 

Horse46

I appreciate its rarity and it being all shiny an stuff, but it does nothing for for me!  :jaw::hide:

If we all liked the same thing.......

Still you are proper lucky getting a new :wh:

608KEB

It looks nice!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!:flags-waveusa:

Jrblanke

Congrats Thad! You have been wrangling some nice ones lately! I enjoyed seeing those low hour 520s at the show this past June!

wh5208speed

Congrats Thad! You have been wrangling some nice ones lately! I enjoyed seeing those low hour 520s at the show this past June!

What is hard to believe is those low hour 520's and this 420 LSE wasn't 2 miles apart! I am going to have to hang around Cincinnati area a little more....can't risk those Kentuckians or Hoosiers coming across boarders and sniping our horses :auto-layrubber:

Thad (Ohio)

Edited by wh5208speed

bmsgaffer

Ha, yea there have been some sweet ones popping up around here... Of course when I am out of storage space!

Tankman

Very nice Horse! Just a little this 'n that, ready for the show!

Ken B

Welcome to the club! It looks as though she has been well taken care of. It looks as though you are missing a chrome deck wheel, I'm missing one as well! Get some conditioner on that seat.... What are your plans for it? I'd love to cut some grass with mine but I won't work it...
20150608_163323_zpst6edbvsn.jpg

PaulC

Thad now that ive saw the pictures on my big computer screen that baby is even nicer then I thought. Then I thought about it and saw the other posts that your the guy that scored those super nice 520's too!! You sure have been lucky lately and I must say im very curious as to what your paying for machines like this but I completely understand if you don't want to disclose that info. I think its great your able to find such nice original machines I haven't saw many like that around my parts the few years ive been into this and the few that have came up have had really steep asking prices.

Myself like many more hope to score a 420LSE one day and I do think I would work it some but maybe that's easy to say without owning one.

wh5208speed

Welcome to the club! It looks as though she has been well taken care of. It looks as though you are missing a chrome deck wheel, I'm missing one as well! Get some conditioner on that seat.... What are your plans for it? I'd love to cut some grass with mine but I won't work it...
20150608_163323_zpst6edbvsn.jpg

Ken,
     I am a big fan of Lexol leather conditioner. In fact, it was the 1st thing I did to when I got it home. I think I am up to about 8 treatments so far on the seat and steering wheel. That seat leather was dry.....each time I go back it is softer and softer. I think am a couple of  applications away from having it where it is got enough moisture back into the seat. As far as plans....I think I am just going to put my 5K watt generator on the front and let my kids ride it around from time to time.....maybe a couple of local parades. In fact, my 6 year old daughter and my 11 year son have about 3x the seat time on it versus me. In general, I am guessing I will put 5-10 hours on it a year. Enough to keep the fuel system working properly and enough to appreciate the extra work it will take to keep it in good shape. It may also pull around my 18 cubic foot dump cart.

Thad (Ohio)

Thad

• Like 1

gwest_ca

384 hours. Looks like number 143 of 200. The plate on the hood is missing, so it looks like I will need to get one made.

Thad

Is the 143 the serial number or is it numbered some other way?
The only build date I've seen is 6140 - Tuesday May 20, 1986 which has to be closer to the end of the 1986 model production than the beginning.

On December 05 1985 they were up to at least serial 61671 for 1986 models.

It would have taken considerable time to gather up all that chrome and leather so maybe this batch was identified well before 1986 production started and the Julian build date was added when they could finally do it.

Garry

Ken B

Just make sure the key doesn't get left on, the hrs. add up really fast when that happens... Do you have the factory 420 key chain? I make sure not to leave that in there when my tractor is unattended, just in case some joker comes along....

wh5208speed

Just make sure the key doesn't get left on, the hrs. add up really fast when that happens... Do you have the factory 420 key chain? I make sure not to leave that in there when my tractor is unattended, just in case some joker comes along....

It does have the Key fob. I try to keep all the keys out of my tractors for safety reasons with my 3 kids home for summer vacation :)

Thad