Sign in to follow this  
rexman72

1975 d 200

rexman72

thanks garry and I will pick one up tomorrow and see

WNYPCRepair

Nice job, Garry. You troubleshot it in the time it took me to catch up reading it.  :)

What is the component on the diagram directly above the battery drawn as a circle inside a square on your schematic? My electronics class was 30 some years ago, I don't remember that symbol.

gwest_ca

Nice job, Garry. You troubleshot it in the time it took me to catch up reading it.  :)

What is the component on the diagram directly above the battery drawn as a circle inside a square on your schematic? My electronics class was 30 some years ago, I don't remember that symbol.

That is the starter solenoid.

Garry

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Thanks. 

rexman72

I put in a new ignition switch and I am getting 1 volt through the s terminal and that's it.any other ideas

gwest_ca

You have grounded the black tester lead?
Probe the B terminal with the red lead again to make sure it still has 12 volts
Now probe the S terminal and turn the ignition key to start. When in the start position you should get 12 volts there also but the key must be turned to start to get it.

Let us know.

Garry

rexman72

I have 12 volts at the b terminal and a half a volt at red terminal

gwest_ca

I suspect all the wires going to the ignition switch are held in position by a plastic terminal holder. Do you know how to remove a wire with terminal from that connector body?  I think you should remove the red wire that plugs into the S terminal and examine the wire to terminal connection.

Pull the whole connector off the ignition switch. Look at the red wire terminal from the switch side to see how the switch terminal enters the connector. There is a slot for that. To release the terminal you need to shove a tool into the cavity behind the slot to colapse a tang that holds the terminal into the plastic holder. I often use a heavy duty paper clip. Push it in until it stops and try and pull the wire out the back. If it does not come out try again. Once you get it out you will see how simple it is.

Garry

rexman72

Garry  I dint have the bolt  tight enough on the positive side of the battery so shame on me.Now it fires up good.Thanks for helping me out the whole time.Can please follow me into the engines forum so I can ask questions about the pump I have a how to get the bowl ff the carb in a tight space lol

• Like 2

gwest_ca

Fantastic. Perseverance pays off.

Garry

• Like 2