JamesC-120

wheel horse RJ-58 engine

JamesC-120

I am restoring a wheel horse RJ-58 and it is engine less. I will need to find one for it. I beleive it can have a kohler k90 or a clinton something. I would prefer a kohler but the only one I can find for sale is a k91. What is the difference? If I just put K90 decals and model tag can you still tel it is a k91?

Thanks

AMC RULES
Perfectly acceptable behavior... :handgestures-salute:
unless you're chasing that whole #'s matching dealio. 

Racinbob

James, go for it. The differences are minor and it's not like you're cloning a 70 Hemi Cuda and trying to pass it off as original. :D

Jake Kuhn

The only difference in a k90 and k91 is the head and of course serial plate. But even the head is not an obvious thing, I have a k91 I put on my rj35 I left the head the same, but changed the serial plate....you would really have to pay attention to notice. The only obvious difference to pay attention too is the exhaust. Wheel Horse used a 3/4" pipe thread exaust, but if you can't find one you can always use one of the common 1/2" exaust ports and tap it to 1/2" pipe thread, I have done that on a couple engines.

wallfish

No big deal. I would leave the K91 plate too. It's not going to value the tractor any higher with a K91 badged as a K90.

JamesC-120

Well I ordered the engine and we'll see how it looks when it gets here.