OhioGuy89

520 H Mower Deck Help

OhioGuy89

Hi folks, I finally got my 520 H fixed up, but I'm now having troubles with my mower deck. It's a 60-inch deck. When I lower the deck and engage the PTO, it doesn't engage at teh same speed as teh engine. The blades and PTO move slower. When I raise the deck and engage the PTO, everything works as it should. The blades spin as they should. Any idea what I should do? 

Matt

gwest_ca

Sounds like your pto clutch may be slipping and you don't want that. Burns them up real quick. The rod that goes from the handle to the clutch linkage has a threaded trunnion on it secured by a hair pin. Pull the pin and any washers there and turn the trunnion one or two turns closer to the handle. This shortens the rod. The handle should snap down past center with a bit of authority when you apply the clutch. Hard to tell when tight enough but you do not want it to slip. Sometimes they will squeal when slipping but not always. Try it a let us know what happens.

Garry

cheesegrader

Do you have the spring-loaded mule drive for the 60" deck?
You might be stretching the belt too tight if you are lowering it using the standard mule drive.

OhioGuy89

I think turning the Trunion did the trick I shortened it and it seems fine now. Though I think I bumped it going over a bump :P so I'll give the final verdict later ! Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk