wheeledhorseman

Nice little haul today

wheeledhorseman

In the five years since I got my first horse I've collected a few WH implements / attachments but those of a horticultural nature have not really attracted me as we have fields laid to grass for grazing and I wouldn't be popular with the rest of the family if I turned an area in to a playground for plowing, tilling etc. As a result I have acquired just the usual 'boy toys' of a dozer blade and mid mount grader together with grass related stuff like a roller, aerator and a bagger.

A neighbor though bought a field next to one of ours and is in the process of turning it into a small holding type arrangement. He already has some chickens but has some more animals in mind for the future along with growing 'organic' produce. He already borrows a horse from me to keep the grass down but the fact he's looking to turn some of it into a growing area made me think potential WH PLAYGROUND!!! :D (as you do) Long story short, made a little road trip along the coast today to pick up a cultivator only to do a deal on a rotavator / tiller while I was there as well.

haul1.thumb.jpg.a2efed9f29457f245e1b534c
The mid mount & trail behind cultivator combos are pretty rare here in the UK, in fact this was the first I'd seen for sale since getting into WHs and this one has seen very little use since new and obviously dry stored for years.
haul2.thumb.jpg.19290bfc5955977bb0752118
So much so that it still has its ID tag stuck to the frame unlike so many of these stuck down ones that go missing.
haul4.thumb.jpg.2dd9bcd21c9213541384efcb
Based on the ID 7-1722 it appears to have been new somewhere between 1969 - 1974. I don't think the serial helps to date it unless anyone knows different.
haul3.thumb.jpg.5974f02bba2814179a5f9eb1
It also has a WH decal that I haven't come across before which is rather nice. Anyone know about these?
haul5.thumb.jpg.f97b7ffe994697dd7fea616a
The tiller is also in very nice shape - it's been used, but not many time I'd guess and the blades are still nice and sharp.
haul6.thumb.jpg.70b6baafbad811141e560ef1
It also has it's ID tag - model 7-1252 ser 134453. The model indicating 1975 I think so I'm guessing the guy that originally bought both of these started with the cultivator then realised he really needed the tiller as well or they were both purchased in 1975 ish.

Anyway, I was well pleased with the day's haul when I'd got it home.

• Like 9

AMC RULES

You done good...  :handgestures-thumbsup:
awesome :wh: haul there.

gwest_ca

The cultivator serial number 712547 is too high for a 1969 serial comparing to others I recorded but they appear to have continued the serials on for the 1970 models where this one fits in.

If it was a 1971-1974 model the model number would have been followed by a -6, -7, -8 or -9 representing 1971, 1972, 1973 or 1974. It was a date code they used - subtract 5 from that 6th digit and you get the model year.

Both are sure in excellent looking condition.

Garry

squonk

It all looks in fine shape! 

slammer302

Looks good did you get the mid mount idler pulleys for the tiller

wheeledhorseman

Looks good did you get the mid mount idler pulleys for the tiller

​Short answer - no I didn't but the tiller was in such good condition that I wasn't going to pass on it. It did affect the price I was prepared to pay though. My guess is that it's still on the tractor wherever that may be. So often its bits like the idler for a tiller or the lever for a dozer blade that go missing somewhere along the line.

Looks like I'll have to fabricate one which should be within my skill and equipment capabilities. I'm hoping that the idler when I've made one is probably what was also used for the belt drive for the vac-bagger I got a few weeks back which looks as though it needs the same arrangement when it cames to belt path to the PTO.
bag2.thumb.jpg.61d5626591c1b01851654b05a

I'll be looking for some photos and measurements for a C-series idler some time soon.

meadowfield

Awesome haul Andy, gonna have to pop down and see you sometime, it's been a while....

wrightorchid

Great find, and good to see that they will get some use as they were intended.