wh5208speed

Auction Today - 2 520-H's

boovuc

This purchase is one of the best buys I've seen in a long time here. I'm cracking a smile for you just reading it! Even if you have to clean out the fuel systems on both and soak those carbs in Berryman, you have two excellent machines that will give you many years of service. The planets lined up for you just right. Now go buy a lottery ticket and don't forget to check the couch for loose change or maybe a cell phone or remote control you can sell on Ebay! That is so cool!

• Like 2

wh5208speed

I was going to ask the group...It is hard to tell how long these tractors have sit in storage....but I am currently guessing between 2-5 years. Here is my plan on bringing them back up to snuff.

Remove gas tank and use Castrol super clean to clean out any residue or varnish that may be there from old gas.
Pressure wash the inside of the tank.
Use compressed air to dry tank out as much as possible.
Use some type of "dry" gas to absorb any type of leftover water
replace fuel lines
replace fuel filter
clean carb
spray engine fog after removing spark plugs
turn over engine by hand to get oil moving in engine before attempting to start
replace spark plugs
after running well....change oil and filters in the engine and hydro.......

So my question....am I missing anything?

I know it might be a little bit of overkill, but as nice and low hours these tractors are, I would hate to just put a new battery and gas and start it up if it lead to problem.

Thad (Ohio)

wh500special

I personally would just put gas in them and see what happens. I've lived a charmed life and have had precious few problems due to old fuel or evaporated gas.  

If you want to remove water from the tank after washing, rinse with acetone.  It will mix with residual water and then evaporate completely.  

Organic chemistry was good for something after all...

steve

Pullstart

your list sure does look thorough - I'd say an old racecar trick is to roll the engine over without spark for a while to really get things oiled.  I imagine turning by hand might not get oil where it needs to be.  Great score!

wh5208speed

Got one of them up and running last night. I can't get over how nice everything is....very smooth. I have a "Matt's Hydro Pedal" I have been saving for a rainy day....but I almost don't want to chop up these tractors to put it on. Decisions...decisions.....Better get back to work to get #2 going today.

Thad (Ohio)

slammer302

more pics please