ricksrj58

kt17 flywheel magnets

ricksrj58

i removed the flywheel from a kt17 to clean the block and there are 3 magnets that are not glued anymore.is there something that i can use to reglue them or should i get another flywheel?

pacer

I've torn two 17's down in the past year and both had magnets loose, I just cleaned everything real well I(I sandblasted, but if you dont have that sand/steel wool/3m pad, etc) and mixed up some epoxy and stuck them back on, clamped with 2-3 spring clamps, let sit for 24-36hrs, and I have used both motors pretty extensively since and they are still holding.

gwest_ca

Don't you have to reinstall them with the magnetic poles opposite each other or alternating?

Garry

woodchuckfarmer
JB Weld works good

Wheel-N-It
Rick, I had to glue three magnets back in my KT-17. I think JB Weld works good but I used a two part epoxy for mine. Do a search in this engines section for replacing magnets and you should find my thread. SOI was very helpful, and you will find very informative post fromhim there. Good luck with it. You should not have any problems.

ricksrj58

thanks guys,i have never had magnets come loose before.

Wheel-N-It
Neither had i before but it really was easy to pu them back on. Just be triple sure you have the magnets sitting in the correct position. They have to be +-+-+-+-+-+-+- all the way around the inside of the flywheel.

oldredrider

An easy way to determine pole direction is to use another magnet. Like poles repel, opposites attract.

• Like 1