T time

whats a good price for this one ??

T time

i found this 516-H . it has a ONAN 16 horse,  the id # is  3116 OE 01  11188... so is it a 1988 model ??? the unit was seating for around 10 years. i did get the unit running, but the mower deck was too rusty to use. any help would be great !! txs

wheel horse 1988.jpg

• Like 1

Sparky

Yep, your correct about the year. 31-16OE01 1988 516-H Garden Tractor Automatic Onan P216G-I/10538A
Value is tough, is there an hour meter? It also has the less desirable hydro (Eaton 700). So basically its a tractor with no attachments since the deck was shot....I'm going to say its a $300-$350 machine as it sits.
Mike..........

gwest_ca

T time

thanks for the help,  the unit does not have a hour meter. 

shallowwatersailor

A couple of problems I spotted right away:

1. The fuel pump should be covering the holes on the shroud. The holes are letting cooling air from reaching the cylinder.
  2. The fuel pump is dangling in the hole that is covered with the NN10452 plug on a 516-H letting more air escape. The #2 cylinder could have the typical Onan problems because of that. The hole is normally where the oil filter goes on a 520-H.
More like $200-250 without a deck in that condition. If it only was used with a mower deck, the transmission shouldn't be an issue compared to the engine. Edited by shallowwatersailor

T time

i was informed i need to make some room in the garage. so, if anyone is interested in purchasing this unit, please respond,  see comments on this post  for fair pricing ....
thanks     call or text at 937-686-4844  

muz123

200-350