Spareparts

Great News Today

Spareparts

I am 69 and had to go in for the lower GI today, first one, and was worried, no health problems, just got a new DR. and she said it's time. Ate breakfast yesterday and nothing until this was over at 1 pm today. The cleanout and fasting was the worst part, added about $10 to my water bill after that. Checked in the VA at 11;00 and into a room, stripped to just a gown and socks, into a bed, hooked up to a monitor, BP 117 over 68, IV in the back of my hand and into the room where the procedure was done. Got a shot in the UV and the next thing I know I was back in my room. Every thing was clean, no problems, wife got the printout of the procedure. So off we went to Golden Corral for some well needed FOOD. Now it's time to get everything ready for our first pull Sat. I was worried about the unknown  but now kinda excited.

• Like 4

Ken B

Glad too hear you got a clean bill of health! I'm 47 now and I haven't been to the DR. in over 10 yrs. My wife said she is making an appointment for me this morning as I haven't been feeling to great for quite a while now. I didn't argue at all because I know its about time and I hate feeling this way. I knew something wasn't quite right because this past winter was the first one in well over 20 yrs. that I didn't restore something.. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I like greasy foods, (I'm a meat and potato type guy) I smoke cigars, I like my beer, and I really don't eat my vegetables? :angry-nono: 

rmaynard

Not quite sure how this subject fits into the category of Restorations, Modifications, & Customizations, but nevertheless, it's good to get a clean bill of health. My 5-year "probe" is due in July, and for those who have not had it done, if you are near 50 or older, get it done. It's no big deal. Early detection is the key to nipping a deadly disease in the bud.

• Like 3

Spareparts

Well it felt like I got restored,

• Like 1

953 nut
Getting old aint for sissies! Glad your report was good, the clean out isn't pleasant, but not as bad now as it was a few years ago. Since I got on medicare I have had more orifices inspected than the entire 65 previous years. The cynic in me says they are working the system with us as their servants; but I guess it is a good thing. Now if they could only come up with a cure for the common cold!