Sign in to follow this  
ronscat

C-160 Year ID Please

Teddy da Bear

Sweet looking restore!

What is that attachment on your rear lift cable???

ronscat

I don't have a clue. I guess you are talking about the thing with the 2 bolts in it that looks like a plate with a thing in the bottom that you could stick a smaller bolt or rod thru. I've been trying to figure out how you hook a plow or something to it but couldn't figure it out......As you can tell I have no idea what everything does on these wheel horses. I've got a Sears with a 3 point hitch and can't decide what a person does with this kinda lift on the back. Also the cable to the lift is missing so I got to have some help on putting it back too.

I appreciate all help!!

Teddy da Bear

With the lift tube and cable lift assembly you can lift a plow or tiller.

You might have a homemade device there. Maybe it was meant for

a ball hitch?

ronscat

Is rhat called a sleeve hitch on my tractor?

CasualObserver

This part is the Wheel Horse Clevis hitch. It was the Wheel Horse hitch to use the Brinly Sleeve Hitch implements.

ronscat1.jpg

This part I don't have any idea about... I can't think of any useful purpose for a plate to be bolted to the clevis hitch like this. Those bolts are intended to stick out of the back of the hitch, not into... they are for stabilizing the sway of the implement.

ronscat2.jpg

ronscat

Thanks Jason. Off the plate comes. I couldn't figure it out.

mailman

Wow. From what I can see, thats a pretty sweet paint job. I'd love to try that with a Raider 12 I just picked up. I couldn't hope to have it look that good though.

ronscat

Thanks Eric. It's just spray can Rustoleom Regal Red from Walmart. The top of the hood and fender top didn't turn out as good as I would have wanted but it beats how it looked in the first picture. I hope to complete the painting next week - if time permits.

CasualObserver

Neat "stuff" couple of Brinly pieces. Not sure what brand the sleeve hitch is from. There's a number of cultivator parts on ebay right now if you just search "brinly" you might be able to put that one back together!

Oh... and the tractor looks nice. Not to start any debate or discussion on it, but our old family dealer always told me Regal Red Rustoleum was the correct red for Wheel Horse.

MaineDad

That's a Brinly hitch and cultivator. Just got caught up on this thread. Nice job on the WH and welcome to RedSquare BTW!

ronscat

Well, I have a few things left to do but basically I am through with the "red paint" on the tractor metal. I got a little carried away with my headlight cover after overspraying. My cleaner took off everything, so guess I will have to buy a lens cover unless you guys have any ideas. I still have to get some 3 inch by 3/8 inch bolts for the clevis hitch and hook up the hitch with a cable, etc. It also has to have a battery.

As you can see above the day I brought it home and here it is today (Haven't been on the project very long):

http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg148/r...nt=P1000060.jpg