Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

How Much For A Full Restoration?

HorseFixer

Thanks Wild Bill and to everyone on your contribution and thoughts on this topic. I think for the most part everyone feels like I do. I do it for the love of these tractors!

I can say this before I found this hobby, I spent most of my money on Whiskey And Woman, The rest I just plain Wasted! :D One thing for sure many times I have spent more and got a heck of a lot less!!

:hide:

bitten

Kinda funy that this topic was brought up. I'm in the process of doing a 310-8 and never thought about the money that I have in it. I got the tractor about 3 years ago and have been buying things for it ever since. I got to a point were it was time to take it apart and start body work. There is things that still needs bought but other than the engine no high doller amount items. I know when its done that you couldnt go out a buy a new one for the money that has been spent but also I dout that I would be able to get out of it what will be spent on it.

I have a 69 GT14 and a 79 D200 that also some day will be redone and have been collecting things that they need since I have gotten them.

In my situation its not about the money ( hell Im poor as hell) but the love of my hobbie and the feeling I get when I do anything with these tractors. I have not the slittest idea how much has been spent, maybe that is a good thing but dont realy care. As long as every thing else in my life is being taken care of and Im not useing the kids collage fund I dont see it as an issue.

I seen a lot of nice horses on ebay that have been redone going for money that I could never pay for at one time. i know everyones circumstances are differnt but just what I think.