stevebo

Traded for this restored 77' C160

buckrancher

good looking C160 Steve

Brian

squonk

My 76 wheels were almond/ linen biege/off white ect. The wheels match the linen wheel caps.

image_zps1ea3ebcd.jpg

• Like 1

fireman

I used a linen beige on the rims. 

post-1626-0-35213900-1431188698_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Jake Kuhn

Very nice looking 160 Steve! Looking forward to getting mine fixed up someday, picked up a NOS seat and electric lift kit at a swap last weekend I plan to put on, and already have a rear end done, but I need to finish up the 59 and 400 I have apart before starting on another one. 

c-series don

Hey Steve, that is one beautiful tractor. I have a question about it, was it formally an 8-speed ? I thought the autos came with hydro lift. Please don't get me wrong I'm not knocking your tractor, like I said its beautiful. Did some come that way?

Tom.

Amazing C160 Steve, a very nice addition to your collection!

Tom

fireman

Hey Steve, that is one beautiful tractor. I have a question about it, was it formally an 8-speed ? I thought the autos came with hydro lift. Please don't get me wrong I'm not knocking your tractor, like I said its beautiful. Did some come that way?

It did have the hydro lift. Previous owner didn't want it and swapped it to the manual lift when he did the restoration.

stevebo

I got the rear tires mounted on the 520 rims today. Plan on bringing those to the sand blaster this week then I can paint them. The fronts are all done. I used Navajho White I had mixed. Could not find canvas white at the store. I like the stance...I was able to buff the paint and then wax it. Came out real nice. 

post-734-0-85332300-1431218480_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-21064000-1431218511_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-82014400-1431218526_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-29412400-1431218543_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

tbarnhart

How much clearance is there between the brake drum and the inside of the left wheel? I asked the question the other week and no one seemed to know, but you proved that the 520 wheels will fit the sundstrand tranny. Looks good. I have a 161 repowered with a 18 Briggs Vanguard that I want to get fixed up like that. It may end up black and silver like a Work Horse though.

Racinbob

Looks awesome!

stevebo

How much clearance is there between the brake drum and the inside of the left wheel? I asked the question the other week and no one seemed to know, but you proved that the 520 wheels will fit the sundstrand tranny. Looks good. I have a 161 repowered with a 18 Briggs Vanguard that I want to get fixed up like that. It may end up black and silver like a Work Horse though.

I saw your post a few weeks back and thought I responded but may have deleted it... did not want to jinks my deal... lol. I am pretty sure there is a good amount of clearance. I will get some pics soon. 

stevebo

Here are close up pics of rim/tire clearance

post-734-0-97252300-1431222414_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-00662500-1431222431_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-26182500-1431222448_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

tbarnhart

That tranny is different than what I have on the 161. I have the later piston style motor with a brake drum and brake band on the outer end of it. It sticks out quite a bit farther from the trans case than your setup. Does yours have a brake band, or a park pawl inside the trans? BTW, Thanks for the pics.

edit. Looked up a few things and it seems that they went away from the park pawl to a brake band setup for '78 and up. Mine is a '79, so that would explain the difference. Now, the question is re-worded-"Will 520 wheels work on a '79 and later Sundstrand with the brake setup?"

Edited by tbarnhart

stevebo

The level stops the belt and engages the parking pawl

Wheel-N-It

Thats one fine looking tractor Steve. Gets my vote as a long term keeper!

muz123

That is good for another 40 years! I have a 520-h that i would like to trade for a 520-8, would he trade?

Edited by muz123

userj8670

That's one schweeet looking machine. ..nice job! Love the look of the 520 rims on her

stevebo

Just a few pics of the rear tires sand blasted, primed and painted. 

post-734-0-72681500-1431564740_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-86415300-1431564754_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

muz123

Looks great!

bo dawg

Dang that is super pretty, ok.. its really bad ass.

But I also liked the silver wheel paint color on it too. I know it wouldn't be original color' but really cool looking.

fireman

I think the "C" series is really growing on you. Slowing becoming your new fav!

stevebo

This picture almost makes the tires look too wide... :hide: Is that possible?? lol

post-734-0-04908500-1431566836_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

bo dawg

You know I sometimes wonder that too with my 10.5 wide, but nah never too wide. If anything maybe next size up on height might be just what it needs.

Racinbob

Nope, not too wide at all. They look great. Is the right tire low on air?