clip

New tires on the Horse

Pollack Pete

Nice.......I like ag tires.I like ribbed tires.I like ALL new tires.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Good choice, clean looking.

Glenn

shallowwatersailor

Nice choice. Is that 12 psi in the V-61 tires? They look pretty round across the tread.

kaiser

I like those. I need a new set of tires on my gt1600 but am afraid the ag's will tear up the lawn.

• Like 1

rexman72

looks good

clip

I'll have to check the pressures at all four corners, just got them back from the tire shop. I elected to put tubes all around since the fronts needed them anyway.

I've seen the V61s with a flat and a round profile online, I prefer slightly rounded for a smaller contact area while mowing but will have to see what the pressure is.

stratostar250

Those tires look great!  They really beefed up that tractor!  I've been thinking about getting V61's for one of my tractors. I really like the looks of them and have heard good things! 

clip

Pressure all around was 25-30 psi, dropped the fronts to around 15 so they leveled out a little but still have a nice rounded profile, and rears to 20. Need to test-fit the new 2-link chains at some point, but doubt I'll need them til this next winter.

Tankman

Nice.......I like ag tires.I like ribbed tires.I like ALL new tires.

Ditto. Does look ready, Stallion fo' sure!   :)

alswagg

I have ags on all of the Horses.  I fill with liquid and then run 3 to 5 psi of air.  I really like the ribbed tires, they seem to turn so much better.  Good looking rig.  Al

Horse46

Those Ags would chew my lawn to bits!

clip

You'd be surprised, as long as you don't spin the ags (hard to do if you're paying attention) they're very gentle on the yard. I talked a coworker into putting 20x10-8 Super Lugs on his lawn tractor to get up a few hills in his yard and he hasn't had a problem either.

• Like 1

clip

As I was out playing in the shop today, I tried dropping the fronts to 12 psi and it made them almost completely flat and soft, but very hard to turn. Maybe I just got used to the effortless steering on the Farmall Cub, but I went ahead and took them back up to 16 psi and the steering feeling has been restored to what I remember. Not sure if the guys running the V61s with an almost flat profile have noticed the same thing, maybe it's my tractor (everything just greased) or maybe they have Popeye forearms.

Lagersolut

I've been running AG tread on my yard for 20 years, no problems .

I have found though chains work better on turf tread -chains fall between lugs on AG tread - my 310 8 with turf tread and chains does much better pushing snow.

clip

That's what I've read. I got 2-link chain for this size, had a set of 4-link for the previous size. I plan on taking the 4-link apart and adding some cross-ties to the 2-link if I see the links falling between the bars. Seems to have worked fine on 8.3-24 ag tires, as long as they're positioned and tensioned to minimize slippage.

jeff lary

when I replace my tires I will go with the ag's too I don't know if I ever saw them on a small tractor before but I bet they work good. Mine are oem 1995 tires course they have had chains on them since new and that really keeps the ware down. Good looking tires though good luck.

muz123

I need some AGS on my 520 for tilling. Looks great though!

lasse.dittmann

Look super[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk