Jon Steffen

pulleys

Jon Steffen

ok i am going to be using

the stock 4 inch pulley on my puller what sizes should i use on the engine a 14hp kohler

baerpath

Start with stock and see what you need, try second high and third high Then buy a vary pitch pulley so you can adjust. Use the stock pullies as a base Also depends on 23 or 26 inch tires

Jon Steffen

baerpath only going to be running the four speed 1st  second and third rear end with 26's cant run the adjustable pulleys

Spareparts

Does your club have a speed limit, that would determine pulley size, we have a 4 mph limit. With 23" tires and the stock pulleys in 2nd on the high side I sound the horn at WOT. I have to wait to about the 75' mark before going to WOT. With 26" tires you will have more ground speed. IMHO I think increasing the size of the pulley on the diff would slow you down a bit and have more torque, your belt would have more contact area and less chance of slipping

Wheel Horse Collector

Well heres what I use. I use my raider 10 for both racing and pulling. I have a 7 inch on the motor which is a 10 horse motor and I have 1 1-2 inch on the trans. I can hit 30 idiling but who knows what I can hit with it all the way reved up.