bgh5469

Guys,

Wanted to share my first attempt at a Wheel Horse restoration.  Last fall I picked up this 48" deck from a fellow red square member.  This deck was intended to replace the completely worn out original deck on my D-160 that has been passed down from my grandfather to me.  I figured i would try to redo just a deck, before trying to redo the whole tractor.  My ultimate goal is to do the entire tractor.  It took me most of the winter to complete and i have to say i am pretty happy with it.   I disassembled every piece and ended up stripping and sand blasting the whole thing to bare metal.  The deck shell was first painted with Por-15 before painting it red.  All of the hardware was replaced with new stainless steel. 

Now I am afraid to cut grass with it fearing i will mess up my new red paint!

post-13119-0-99945800-1430354011_thumb.j

Deck before work. 

post-13119-0-95179200-1430354074_thumb.j

post-13119-0-36579700-1430354148_thumb.j

Complete with new decals

post-13119-0-01648800-1430354218_thumb.j

Back on the D!

• Like 4

"D"- Man

Truly a work of art!  I am very impressed and hope to see your tractor restoration, as I am currently working on an 18 Automatic which is very similar, Mark.

19richie66

Looking great Brandon!

elliot ness

Great job on the D-deck, truly a craftsman! :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  :bow-blue: :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  :bow-blue: Nice attention to details. 

bmsgaffer

Awesome!

I am planning on doing a deck with POR-15 as well. Use it a couple times and let me know how the POR holds up to the harsh conditions on the bottom. I'm very curious to see how it will hold up.

bgh5469

Thanks everybody!!  With the Por-15 I only used it on the deck shell.  I read that you need to roughen it up really good, so the paint will stick.  I block sanded it pretty good to roughen it up, then primer and paint on top.  I hope it holds up.  It seems like people either love or hate Por-15.  This was my first time using it.  My brother raves about, he uses it on his Jeep.