Theroundhousernr

Supporting Wheel Horse at the show!

Theroundhousernr

The Old Time Plow Boys tractor show was this weekend. Had the garden tractor pulls on sunday. Karl Kunkel has built a nice sled and scale for doing this. Had to bring the C160 down for the event. Did some last minute mods for pulling and ended up weighing in at 923 lbs. I came in third for my class which wasnt bad for a last minute throw together. One of the tractors that beat me was a c81 that was a little heavier than I was. But being an 8 horse, he could put the wieght under him instead of out front with my big 16 one lunger.

Here is a video my girlfriend took. Just a little plug for the plow boys. We will start featuring garden tractors next year and the first one to feature is Wheel Horse!!! Hope to get as much wheel horse out that I can with some local red square members support! I also may have some surprizes worked up my sleeve also. More on that later. Nice part is , we have two shows. One in april and one in august which I feel is far enough away from the wheel horse show to drum up interest.

https://youtu.be/r6VM9378GnM

Here is a video of my 1949 John Deere A on Saturday. I came in second and was inches away from a full pull. I jammed my left break to hard and swung the front end over. Lost momentum and it was all over.

https://youtu.be/g0i6-WGOJAA

Kyle

Edited by nylyon
  • Like 1

mels

Cool!  Thanks for the video clips.  

Pulled my '39/'40 JD-B only once.  The guys that ran the pull lumped me in a class with later B's and 50's.  I'm on steel wheels with original firestone rubber, they're on cast iron wheels with custom-shaved pulling rubber and weighted out the wazoo not to mention nearly double or more the HP.  Don't need to be a smart thinker to figure out how that one went for me, lol!

• Like 1

Sparky

Cool video.....even a WH was used to haul the weight sled back!

Mike..........

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Karl was once a big wheel horse dealer in the area. He still has a very nice lawn mower shop and does good business. So naturally, a C120 is his pull back tractor.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Cool video.....even a WH was used to haul the weight sled back!

Mike..........

Theroundhousernr

Cool!  Thanks for the video clips.  

Pulled my '39/'40 JD-B only once.  The guys that ran the pull lumped me in a class with later B's and 50's.  I'm on steel wheels with original firestone rubber, they're on cast iron wheels with custom-shaved pulling rubber and weighted out the wazoo not to mention nearly double or more the HP.  Don't need to be a smart thinker to figure out how that one went for me, lol!

Well my tires look cut but they are truely road worn and almost shot. The side walls are very very very dry rotted and showing cords here and there. But they grip so nice on a good clay track , I cant let them go yet. And HP, well , I had to rebuild it and thats all I am saying. You cant buy old cast iron pistons anymore so there isnt much choices. It has good pep I guess you could say.

• Like 1