shallowwatersailor

Added Another Blackhood

shallowwatersailor

Yesterday I picked up a really clean C-145 Automatic. It is originally from Maryland so the score remains the same. :) I also received the original manuals and registration card which was a plus. 

This makes my third "Blackhood" as I seem to collect in "3's." It has an original plastic fender so to preserve it, I am going to put a metal fender on as it will be a worker. Overall the paint is in good shape but will take more work than I spent today using polishing compounds. The fender may end up on the classifieds as it is too nice for me with just the paint finish worn. There is also the maintenance sticker under the seat which I had never seen before. A really nice find!

post-3066-0-78534800-1429918644_thumb.jppost-3066-0-04277600-1429918660_thumb.jp

• Like 9

JackC

Nice one.  Looks like it was well taken care of.  Very rare to find a fender in that nice condition.  One thing about the fender is that it makes the gas tank harder to fill due to the very high lip around the back compared to the metal fender.  I use either a very large funnel or a very long neck on my fuel can.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

WOW John, super duper. The rear fender alone gets an A+.

Glenn

MalMac

post-2401-0-48008800-1429923298_thumb.jpI just spent 3hrs seat time today on my C145 auto. It's a great tractor one of my favorites to operate. After I got it I had to rebuild the motor. It also had a very good plastic fender on it that I replace with a metal fender pan. Put the plastic up for safe keeping.

Edited by MalMac
  • Like 1

papaglide

Nice looking tractor

SPINJIM

You beat me by 2 hours on that find.  I called the seller when I saw the CL listing at 7:00, and you had called him around 5:00.   Good job at being quick on the draw.   I was next in line if you had failed to pick it up Thursday.  I already had my trailer hooked up, and waiting for a phone call.   That's a real nice black hood.   Since I couldn't get it, I'm glad someone here got it and will take good care of it.    I've been looking for a good C-145 or C-165 for a few years.   They're getting harder to find.    If you decide you don't really want it,  I'll raise you $100 and take it off your hands.

Let me know what you'll be asking for the rear fender.  Seller said it wasn't cracked;  just needs some paint.

To the seller's credit, he honored your verbal commitment to buy it, and wouldn't let me come buy it last Monday.   I've also had the opposite happen.

Good luck with it, and I hope it runs as good as it looks. 

Jim

Edited by SPINJIM

shallowwatersailor

To the seller's credit, he honored your verbal commitment to buy it, and wouldn't let me come buy it last Monday.   I've also had the opposite happen.

I've lost on three different tractors in the last month so it is nice to win one. Sorry. The seller was a true gentleman and a pleasure to work with. You could tell that he had cared for the tractor the 18 years he owned it. With regards to the tractor, I'm surprised with the extra power of the K321 compared to my C-105.

AMC RULES

Selling both the seat, and fender pan may pay for the entire tractor.

Nice :wh: score John.   :handgestures-thumbsup:  

SPINJIM

Hi John,

Yeh, I had a nice conversation with the seller.  Although he just bought a Toro zero turn, he seems to be a WH enthusiast.   I guess you told him about the 'big show' in Biglerville.   I encouraged him to try to attend, and he said he would like to .

Jim

Ken B

Very nice C-145. I kinda like the look of the plastic rear fender, especially with the mower deck off. I had this C-125 and C-175 a few yrs. ago. Now that I just picked up a C- 195 from Stevebo I wish I still had the other two! Now that I think about it all three of them came from Stevebo!

drawingbyjesse263.jpg

drawingbyjesse154.jpg

Wheel-N-It

Nice looking tractor! I'm always happy to see a Blackhood fall into good hands.

squonk

I have a soft spot for C-145's as well

post-2380-0-05611300-1429966019_thumb.jp

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Very nice C-145. I kinda like the look of the plastic rear fender, especially with the mower deck off. I had this C-125 and C-175 a few yrs. ago. Now that I just picked up a C- 195 from Stevebo I wish I still had the other two! Now that I think about it all three of them came from Stevebo!

Ken, I agree about the look on the C-195.  I'm just afraid that I may damage the fender as it won't be cutting grass, and then feel really bad about it.

Now to come up with a name for it!

Edited by shallowwatersailor