for years made, how good a machine is it, built like a tank, or is it

getting into the manufacturing years of lighter steel. Parts

availability. What attachments can be had for it (has a deck), can it

handle a small loader and if so what brand, and where can they be had

etc. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Raider12

:hide: :D:hide: Let me first say Welcome to the board! Glad to have ya.

As far as the 520H goes. They built these from 1988 through 1997 (i may be off a little) . These models are a built to work and work hard for a long time. But like everything else they have to be taken care of. The 20hp Onan engine is work horse within it's self. They do have a history of having a valve seat coming lose. And they are very expensive to rebuild and near impossible to find a good one used. From what I have been read the valve seat problem is from over heating the engine.

They indeed will handle a front load option. I cannot say what brand or model. As far other option, there are ton of items this machine will run and operate with. Most of these machine from 1991 and up will have the swept front axle allowing you use a commercial 60" deck. From about the same year they will have a gear reduction steering making super easy to steer. Specialy if you have a front loader attached. There are many others here that have a lot more knowledge than I do. Im sure others will give thier opinions as well.

Denver

NE Ohio

htopjimmy26

KW [Kwik Way] manufacturing still makes a loader for this tractor and I'm told that all you have to do is contact your local big 3 dealer [toro/jd/cub] and tell them what you want and they can order it direct from Kwik Way :hide: .

bluetuna08

I have a 520-h that started out with engine trouble...it was all electrical...so watch out for that.

also watch out for cracked fuel pumps which are exposed on the left hand side of the engine.

these are extremely heavey duty garden tractors. any attachment you cant buy an amature engineer can make (wood splitters and backhoes). if you can get one cheap with a bad engine you could do an easy engine swap for a higher horsepower engine even.

good luck and welcome to redsquare :hide: