specialwheelhorse

$25,000 lawn tractor

specialwheelhorse

take heart my friends this green tractor really don't do much more than a well equipped

wheel horse.

are bragging rights really worth this much ?

just caught this on line and I'm sure you all will see this as well !!

953 nut

The link didn't take, but I can hardly wait to see it!

I just went on Fortune News and read the story; not only is it overpriced, Its GREEN ! I guess he had more money than brains.

Edited by 953 nut

Shuboxlover

20 minutes to take the deck off and put the blade on....Wheel Horse has Deere SMOKED in that respect!!!!

C-101plowerpower

pfff, 20 minutes to take off a deck and put on a plow, i can do that faster on my horse with one hand on my back :ROTF:

muz123

I can change my 212-6 deck faster and its not really attach-amatic at all. :laughing-rolling:

bmsgaffer

They are a nice machine, my dad runs an x500. But I like the simplicity of my horses. Simple to fix almost everything!

I cant even imagine the repair bill if something goes wrong on that!

wh500special

Not a well written article. Don't miss the point that in addition to a $13k tractor he apparently bought $12k worth of attachments. Like a "shovel", whatever that is. A loader perhaps.

$25k for his setup is almost as outrageous as $8k for a 48" deck 420LSE in 1986.

And the 20 minute hookup for the drive-over deck must have been a mistake. They certainly meant 20 seconds.

Steve

• Like 3

squonk

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Forest Road

You're all jealous!!!!

Let's put it in perspective. I stopped by a JD dealer looking at a 4or 500 series. I needed a mower, snow blower, and maybe a plow. I was considering upgrading from my horses. Silly me! The one other accessory which was a must have was a mid mount grader blade. They immediately showed me a 700 series.

I politely pointed to a tired Wheel Horse 314-8 they had for sale and said that does what I need. They all smirked as I explained how well a 50" grader blade repairs my 1/4 mile driveway very spring.

Fact is if I didn't know any better I may have purchased something bright, shiny, and well NEW. But I think most of our RS members are well educated when it comes to our equipment.

Thanks to the many members who've steered me right over the years! You've collectively saved many of us a small fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

clueless

1993 Ford F250 diesel loaded $19,500. 1993 JD 425 AWS 60" deck, tiller, front blade, #10 cart, power vac, hitch, and spreader $7,800. This was still not the top of the line JD GT.                 2015 Ford F250 diesel loaded $52K plus . 2015 top of the line JD GT with all the extras $25,000. Its all relative, and if you don't have rich relatives keep using the horses.                                        Chris in Florida. 

6wheeler

That is a little expensive for a lawn tractor. A friend of mine got what I would call the deal of the year last spring. A previous year model JD 2025R tractor w/drive over deck. Quick tach front end loader. Rear blade. And quick tach tiller. It is a 30hp diesel tractor w/4wd as well. All for $19,995. Expensive? Yes. But, for what he does with on his small hobby farm? Well worth the money. You just can't beat previous year closeouts sometimes.

Edited by 6wheeler

RedRanger

That is a little expensive for a lawn tractor. A friend of mine got what I would call the deal of the year last spring. A previous year model JD 2025R tractor w/drive over deck. Quick tach front end loader. Rear blade. And quick tach tiller. It is a 30hp diesel tractor w/4wd as well. All for $19,995. Expensive? Yes. But, for what he does with on his small hobby farm? Well worth the money. You just can't beat previous year closeouts sometimes.

​Not to mention the JD 1xxx and 2xxx subcompact series tractors are priced nearly the same as the X7xx series garden tractors with tru Cat 1 3pt, hi-low gear, and the ability to unlock the front diff.
IMO, the X7xx series is overpriced for what it is.

RMCIII

As stated above the article does not do the Deere justice. However, if you have the ability to drop $25k on a GT, that is your choice. I'm still looking to find a nice x595. I feel the 595 is a much better GT than the 700 series. But that is just my opinion. The problem is they want almost as much for the used 595 as they do for a new 700 series. And they keep telling me that the 700 is better. My question back, then why are you asking so much for a GT that is 8 years old? No response.

RMC

• Like 1

T-Mo

As mentioned by Steve, an X758 starts at just over 13K.  With a 60 inch deck, it's around 14K.  Diesel, 4WD, standard.  And it doesn't take that long to hook up the deck.

RedRanger

As mentioned by Steve, an X758 starts at just over 13K.  With a 60 inch deck, it's around 14K.  Diesel, 4WD, standard.  And it doesn't take that long to hook up the deck.

With a little practice, I'd expect a minute or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEMF040HRkM