Sign in to follow this  
taycotrains

633 Question ???

taycotrains

I bought a 633 about 2 months ago.

I never had much interest in the post 61 machines but this one

was cheap and it was all there and it just needed a coil to get it going.

My question is this did anyone ever see a 633 with a 64 style 2 spoke steering wheel ?

I bought it from the original owner and I "grilled" him pretty good on the history of the machine...he had pretty good recall telling me that the only thing he did was

short block the K-141 Kohler sometime around 1977 and deck bearings in the early 80s sometime.

He said it stopped running 12 years ago so he parked it in the shed and that was that.(I guess thats when the coil cracked)

He emphatically claimed that he never changed the wheel.

I do not have a picture but here is a video of my kid playing with the machine

after we put a straight pipe on it.

You can see that its not a wheel that is usually on a 633.

BT

sorekiwi

Tickster has a 633 in the picture gallery, its hard to see, but it looks like its a 3 spoker. TT has one with a 3 spoke wheel.

I'll keep looking thru my pictures and let you know if I see a 2 spoke.

Rollerman

Tickster has a 633 in the picture gallery, its hard to see, but it looks like its a 3 spoker.

Mike mine is a 3 spoke wheel.here's another shot of it.

Backviewofleafsweeper633.jpg

Michael Bullington

most ive seen are 3, but maybe it was at the end of the year

DMESS

Hello Bob! Nice to see you here.

Can't say I've ever seen a 633 with the 64+ style wheel either. I noticed the steering post looks a bit taller than usual as well unless that is just an illusion. As pictured in the manuals and parts break downs it should have the typical plastic coated 3 spoke, but we know how things go with Wheel Horse. Might have been damaged before it was sold and replaced with the 2 spoke? :hide:

taycotrains

Hey Dustin I just realized that it was 10 years ago (last Aug) that I sold you and your father that 633 with no motor ! I dont even think you where driving yet !

God how time flies !!!

Bob T

DMESS

And in all that time it still isn't in one piece yet! :D It does have a proper K141-T ready for it and I guess you could say this one is somewhere in the middle of a LONG restoration. :hide: Neat tractor since, if you recall, it has the replacement steel gas tank installed on it.

sorekiwi

Neat tractor since, if you recall, it has the replacement steel gas tank installed on it.

Whats the replacement steel gas tank? Pic's??

Brian1045

If you get the "original" 3 spoker you could sell that 2 spoker to one of us for a mint!

:hide::D

I'd buy it.... :hide:

CasualObserver

if you have access to the service bulletins... check out number 348. It'll take me a few minutes to find the pic.

CasualObserver

Here you go.

gastankinfo-1.jpg

gastankinfo-2.jpg

sorekiwi

Here you go.

Ah so. Thanks Jason, I hadnt thought of that, I was imagining a "real" fuel tank.

Anyone have any idea why WH went to that abonimation (sp?) of a 2 piece tank? Or if you really wanted to go 2 piece, why not put the join up the top to try and minimise leaks? The early one piece tank is da bomb!