Jwork2much

1975 D-200 Speed control issue

Jwork2much

Howdy Folks! 

It's been a long cold winter and I am just getting around (with lots of help from my son) to fix the control lever replacement project.  We replaced it but there is way too much slop and getting it into reverse is a chore.  It was not this way when I got the machine but the lever broke so we didn't have a chance to look at how it was assembled.  The manual doesn't show JACK.  I am posting a link to see a video and maybe someone can help me out. 

https://youtu.be/eqq9RdIK0UY

Thanks,

John

JackC

There is a friction adjustment that does not seem to be there or is not tightened.  Look for the B,C.D service manual in the manuals section.

Edited by JackC

"D"- Man

I have never owned a D-200, but if it is supposed to be similar to a D-180, it looks as though some of the linkage is not factory parts.  I have had a couple 18 Automatics and a D-180 and the linkage looks different.  Mark.  

Jwork2much

I love this place, however I have so much trouble navigating thru the manual sections.  I did a search for B.C.D. and got zilch, also tried BCD and bcd and also came up **** up.  Maybe you meant look for the B series, C series and D series?  hahaha   A piece could have fallen out when the level broke but not sure.....wish there were pictures of it.  A friend of mine owns a 74 D200 and his is totally different.....love it. 

Thanks for the replies

John

JackC

See page 33 of the below PDF or page 7 in section 5.  You may need to copy the below into the address bar.  The diagram is not that good but it may provide more information than you currently have.

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/tractors/tractor_1978_b-c-d-seriesservicemanual_810063rl.pdf

Edited by JackC

daveoman1966

From the Toro website for 1975 D-200 (1-0631) here is the speed control linkage.

post-1200-0-08239000-1428730237_thumb.gi

pfrederi

They changed teh linkage when they changed the parking breake system.  Is the slot on the side of the hood stand a single with a jog in the middle or more a y shape with two rearward slots.  Early models engaged the parking brake when you pulled the motion control lever into one rear slot it went into reverse when you put it in the other.  To add to the confusion my d200 has the y slot but doesn't use it for the brake, there is a separate lever under the dash. Guess they were using old hood stands up.