cod

transmission drain plug picture

cod

Is there a chance that someone has a picture of the transmission drain plug on a 418-A or similar model?  I want to change the transmission oil but so far I can't find it.  I believe it's on the left side under or behind the filter but at this point I can't prove it.  Also is there any advantage to propping the beast on a couple of jackstands and pulling the rear tires when one attempts this?  I intend to run it for a spell to warm up the oil so I'd prefer to avoid the jackstands if possible.

Thanks - Cod

rmaynard

If you have the draw bar hitch on the back, run your finger to the front end of the part that goes under the transaxle. Then move your finger forward and to the left just a little. There you will find the drain plug, almost flush with the surface of the bottom of the transaxle.

Use a 1/4" Allen wrench to remove it.

• Like 1

cod

If you have the draw bar hitch on the back, run your finger to the front end of the part that goes under the transaxle. Then move your finger forward and to the left just a little. There you will find the drain plug, almost flush with the surface of the bottom of the transaxle.

Use a 1/4" Allen wrench to remove it.

Thanks Bob!!!  Now that I've found it, I may replace it with a pipe plug as I'll have more options to remove it.

Saw a couple of your tractors last year at Bigerville(sp) and they looked great.  Hopefully your got the shifter linkage squared away on your 416 and your part of Maryland isn't about to get poured on tonight.  Another week or two without having to mow would be nice but somehow I doubt it.

Take it easy - Cod